Widgets drop off and stop working with in 5 mins of starting up

System:
Lenovo N100 Laptop w/XP home SP2
Console: Hog2PC v3.4.3.123
Widgets: Hog3PC DMXWidget ID-2889, Hog3PC DMXWidget ID-3439

I have a repeated problem where I open/load a show. Be running simple deskcan commands to set my lights, and if I leave the laptop sitting for more than 5 mins, The widgets lock up leaving only the TXmode and Link LED's on
I also get a red dot next to the widget number in the desktop menu bar.

It seems like the widgets are locking up and no longer taking input from the laptop. I am forced to restart the console, and its not untill I click new/load show. does the widget finaly rest.

Any suggestions?
Parents
  • Update:
    running though some bench tests this evening, Had about 100' of dmx line with LED terminator at the end. Widget locked up with in about 15 mins. Then tried it again with the terminator plugged in to the back of the widget only. It's now been 2 hrs, and still working fine.

So I guess to answer my own question, probaly any lenght over 50'ft is to far for a single widget to send a feed. (Or atleast in my case) For any longer lenght, I will require a DMX ISO or DA to amplfly the signal allowing the widget to function with out any strain. I would doubt that a external powered USB hub would help any.
  • Update:
    running though some bench tests this evening, Had about 100' of dmx line with LED terminator at the end. Widget locked up with in about 15 mins. Then tried it again with the terminator plugged in to the back of the widget only. It's now been 2 hrs, and still working fine.

So I guess to answer my own question, probaly any lenght over 50'ft is to far for a single widget to send a feed. (Or atleast in my case) For any longer lenght, I will require a DMX ISO or DA to amplfly the signal allowing the widget to function with out any strain. I would doubt that a external powered USB hub would help any.
Children
No Data
Related