Timecode on IPC not responding in Hog 2

Hi, I'm having an issue with timecode on IPC. It sees timecode fine but doesn't fire the cue at the appropriate time. It did a couple of times, but it doesn't seem to be very reliable. I tried entering the values normally and also using Learn Timing. I also tried it with the actual timecode feed and also Simulate. I then went to my computer and tried it with Hog2PC and everything worked fine. Does the console maybe need a restart? Am I missing something? Thanks for any assistance.

Eric
Parents
  • Hi, so I thought I had this worked out but I can't seem to get the time code to consistantly trigger the cue. What I'm looking to do is to have the timecode trigger just one cue in a main cue list that contains about 100 cues. The cue is towards the end of the stack. When I turn timcode on in the the timecode toolbar, the list wants to jump to this cue immediately even when the timecode isn't anywhere near the firing time. To try and solve this, I put in comment macros before and after the timecode cue to turn it on immediately prior to the cue and off after. I ran into a new situation where if the previous called cues are a little off then the timecode has passed where the timecode cues time was set to fire for and if I go back a few cues to turn it on earlier than I seem to run into the same jumping problem.

So to solve this, what I'm doing now is I put the timecode cue in it's own list, put a comment macro to give this list a go in the main list and then the timecode counts down and fires at the appropriate time. This seems like a work-around to me and I feel like I must be missing something, isn't there a way to have timecode cues and manual GO cues inter-mixed in the same cue-list? and not have this jumping

Thanks

Eric
  • Hi, so I thought I had this worked out but I can't seem to get the time code to consistantly trigger the cue. What I'm looking to do is to have the timecode trigger just one cue in a main cue list that contains about 100 cues. The cue is towards the end of the stack. When I turn timcode on in the the timecode toolbar, the list wants to jump to this cue immediately even when the timecode isn't anywhere near the firing time. To try and solve this, I put in comment macros before and after the timecode cue to turn it on immediately prior to the cue and off after. I ran into a new situation where if the previous called cues are a little off then the timecode has passed where the timecode cues time was set to fire for and if I go back a few cues to turn it on earlier than I seem to run into the same jumping problem.

So to solve this, what I'm doing now is I put the timecode cue in it's own list, put a comment macro to give this list a go in the main list and then the timecode counts down and fires at the appropriate time. This seems like a work-around to me and I feel like I must be missing something, isn't there a way to have timecode cues and manual GO cues inter-mixed in the same cue-list? and not have this jumping

Thanks

Eric
Children
No Data
Related