Saving to 'C'

Hello All,

I am fairly new to the WholeHog system and am using the Hog2PC Software on the Laptop to make some program modifications. I've taken the last 3 weeks or so extensivley learning the system and applying it to my job, where-as I have replaced a former co-worker of mine who made the original program.

I feel that I am come along way and have successfully created shows and ran them throughout the extensive hardware configuration. (USB -> WIDGET -> to DMX -> to Ethernet -> to Fiber -> 3000 foot run -> Back to Ethernet -> Back to DMX at 2 Final Destinations. Controlling 6 City-Colors & 2 City Beams

The issue at hand as nothing to due with any of the hardware (thank god, a mouse chewing through the Fiber would take out the whole system) but it is a simple matter of not being able to save any changes on the PC. It loads just fine when HOG2PC starts up, but it will not save. It looks for a Floppy Drive which the Laptop doesn't even have! I know this is something probably very simple.

Help anyone?!?? I am very nervous about losing the show, especially when it is constantly running every night in front of 30,000 people. I NEED TO BACK UP THE CHANGES! The Sooner the better.... :-)

THANKS!

-Brian
Parents
  • Hi Brian,

The later versions of Hog 2PC, by default saves the show to the hard drive automaically every time the program closes, unless the user changes this setting. When you exit Hog 2PC, does a dialogue box open asking if you would ike to save the show?

If you are using the latest version,3.4.4.123, the show file is saved to My Documents\Flying Pig Systems\Hog 2PC\Shows, unless change by the user.
    Check to see if the show folder is there.

If you have any questions feel free to give me a call 512-836-2242 ext.1305

Hope this helps,
    p
  • Hi Brian,

The later versions of Hog 2PC, by default saves the show to the hard drive automaically every time the program closes, unless the user changes this setting. When you exit Hog 2PC, does a dialogue box open asking if you would ike to save the show?

If you are using the latest version,3.4.4.123, the show file is saved to My Documents\Flying Pig Systems\Hog 2PC\Shows, unless change by the user.
    Check to see if the show folder is there.

If you have any questions feel free to give me a call 512-836-2242 ext.1305

Hope this helps,
    p
Children
No Data
Related