Saving to 'C'

Hello All,

I am fairly new to the WholeHog system and am using the Hog2PC Software on the Laptop to make some program modifications. I've taken the last 3 weeks or so extensivley learning the system and applying it to my job, where-as I have replaced a former co-worker of mine who made the original program.

I feel that I am come along way and have successfully created shows and ran them throughout the extensive hardware configuration. (USB -> WIDGET -> to DMX -> to Ethernet -> to Fiber -> 3000 foot run -> Back to Ethernet -> Back to DMX at 2 Final Destinations. Controlling 6 City-Colors & 2 City Beams

The issue at hand as nothing to due with any of the hardware (thank god, a mouse chewing through the Fiber would take out the whole system) but it is a simple matter of not being able to save any changes on the PC. It loads just fine when HOG2PC starts up, but it will not save. It looks for a Floppy Drive which the Laptop doesn't even have! I know this is something probably very simple.

Help anyone?!?? I am very nervous about losing the show, especially when it is constantly running every night in front of 30,000 people. I NEED TO BACK UP THE CHANGES! The Sooner the better.... :-)

THANKS!

-Brian
Parents
  • Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply! Sorry for the delay in getting back with you. As I feared, I lost my show last night and had to start from scratch, not a big deal but I would certainly like to get to the bottome of this.

I noticed that the file folder is under C:/SHOWS and the file name is "LIBRARY". I'm not sure if it this is the default location for this version of software or if this something that was changed in the past.

Under "Change Show" the folder location is highlighted right there on the "C" drive and if I shut the program down, then open it back up. I am able to load the file from the hard drive. I just simply can not save, it still wants a floppy disc to save to.

When I close HogPC it does ask me if I have saved the show before exiting.
    Juist on the side.. I love the software, it does a great job!! I just need to figure out why I can't save.

Not sure what version of software I'm using, I'll have to continue to search for that.

Thank You for your help thus far!!

-Brian
  • Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply! Sorry for the delay in getting back with you. As I feared, I lost my show last night and had to start from scratch, not a big deal but I would certainly like to get to the bottome of this.

I noticed that the file folder is under C:/SHOWS and the file name is "LIBRARY". I'm not sure if it this is the default location for this version of software or if this something that was changed in the past.

Under "Change Show" the folder location is highlighted right there on the "C" drive and if I shut the program down, then open it back up. I am able to load the file from the hard drive. I just simply can not save, it still wants a floppy disc to save to.

When I close HogPC it does ask me if I have saved the show before exiting.
    Juist on the side.. I love the software, it does a great job!! I just need to figure out why I can't save.

Not sure what version of software I'm using, I'll have to continue to search for that.

Thank You for your help thus far!!

-Brian
Children
No Data
Related