Saving to 'C'

Hello All,

I am fairly new to the WholeHog system and am using the Hog2PC Software on the Laptop to make some program modifications. I've taken the last 3 weeks or so extensivley learning the system and applying it to my job, where-as I have replaced a former co-worker of mine who made the original program.

I feel that I am come along way and have successfully created shows and ran them throughout the extensive hardware configuration. (USB -> WIDGET -> to DMX -> to Ethernet -> to Fiber -> 3000 foot run -> Back to Ethernet -> Back to DMX at 2 Final Destinations. Controlling 6 City-Colors & 2 City Beams

The issue at hand as nothing to due with any of the hardware (thank god, a mouse chewing through the Fiber would take out the whole system) but it is a simple matter of not being able to save any changes on the PC. It loads just fine when HOG2PC starts up, but it will not save. It looks for a Floppy Drive which the Laptop doesn't even have! I know this is something probably very simple.

Help anyone?!?? I am very nervous about losing the show, especially when it is constantly running every night in front of 30,000 people. I NEED TO BACK UP THE CHANGES! The Sooner the better.... :-)

THANKS!

-Brian
Parents
  • Hi Brian,

Sorry to hear you lost the show. I have lost work like that myself, and it is incredibly fustrating. When you launch Hog 2PC the first window that pops up should tell you what version you are using. Also in that window you should be able to browse to any location on your hard drive and right-click to create a new folder. When starting a new show you always want to create a new folder as this is where the show data is saved.

Please make sure that you are running version 3.4.3.123. If you are not, it isn't a bad idea to reinstall using that software. This software should place that folder in "My Documents" as i stated above.

Good luck.
    p
  • Hi Brian,

Sorry to hear you lost the show. I have lost work like that myself, and it is incredibly fustrating. When you launch Hog 2PC the first window that pops up should tell you what version you are using. Also in that window you should be able to browse to any location on your hard drive and right-click to create a new folder. When starting a new show you always want to create a new folder as this is where the show data is saved.

Please make sure that you are running version 3.4.3.123. If you are not, it isn't a bad idea to reinstall using that software. This software should place that folder in "My Documents" as i stated above.

Good luck.
    p
Children
No Data
Related