What do these buttons do? Hog500

there are a few buttons on my 500 that I don't understand.

First is the "Menus" button - I know what this does on a 1k but not the 500

"Cue" (top right of programmer, above 'list')

There is also a blank button in that group of buttons

and a blank button which is 4 buttons above 'go to'

and there is another blank button somewhere in the programmer
Parents
  • I have a 1000, having recently upgraded from a 500, so am current on this . . . . and as to why this instead of RoadHog/H3PC? For me it's simple, I refuse to run anything Windows based, and H3 is beyond my budget. And no, I don't want to start up THAT argument again, just answering the question as to why *one* person has that preference . . . . Other than the software being dead-ended, the 500/1000 platform was still available new at the beginning of the year, at very good prices . . . . just not from High End . . .

Actually, it's the monitor button that only works with a tube connected. Menu on a 500 does nothing - it's sole purpose is to select palettes on the console, and since the 500 has none, it's dead.

The cue button, as already stated, is for loads and edits, although "cue" is assumed in the syntax in a lot of places, so it doesn't get that much use . . .

The blanks don't do anything . . . I think Jands had them there for future features, and due to one thing or another, nothing ever got put there.

- Tim
  • I have a 1000, having recently upgraded from a 500, so am current on this . . . . and as to why this instead of RoadHog/H3PC? For me it's simple, I refuse to run anything Windows based, and H3 is beyond my budget. And no, I don't want to start up THAT argument again, just answering the question as to why *one* person has that preference . . . . Other than the software being dead-ended, the 500/1000 platform was still available new at the beginning of the year, at very good prices . . . . just not from High End . . .

Actually, it's the monitor button that only works with a tube connected. Menu on a 500 does nothing - it's sole purpose is to select palettes on the console, and since the 500 has none, it's dead.

The cue button, as already stated, is for loads and edits, although "cue" is assumed in the syntax in a lot of places, so it doesn't get that much use . . .

The blanks don't do anything . . . I think Jands had them there for future features, and due to one thing or another, nothing ever got put there.

- Tim
Children
No Data
Related