To Track of not to Track?

I have a bunch of cuelists that I'm about to make, just about every cue has different values for most parameters, except maybe intensity. Is it worth it to use tracking for these types of lists? I won't really be saving much space right?
Each new cue has a different position, color and usually gobo.
Parents
  • If every cue is almost completely different from the previous cue, then there's no real advantage to tracking. How often is that really the case though?

Even if you're changing position, color and gobo, you're likely keeping the focus, Mspeed, and other parameters. If blocking every parameter every time works for what you need, then of course do it.

What matters is that you're thinking about editability as you're writing your show. What kind of edits will you have to make, and how can you make those as efficient as possible. Tracking is one tool for that, as are palettes and scenes.
  • If every cue is almost completely different from the previous cue, then there's no real advantage to tracking. How often is that really the case though?

Even if you're changing position, color and gobo, you're likely keeping the focus, Mspeed, and other parameters. If blocking every parameter every time works for what you need, then of course do it.

What matters is that you're thinking about editability as you're writing your show. What kind of edits will you have to make, and how can you make those as efficient as possible. Tracking is one tool for that, as are palettes and scenes.
Children
No Data
Related