Focusing for Gobos vs positions

I'm kind of confused about the focus parameter. I update the focus in each of my position palettes. But during a show if I use a gobo, it's not in focus, so I started also updating the focus in my gobo palettes. But this doesn't seem to work.
What is the best way to make sure you've always got a sharp beam and sharp gobos?

Also, In the control panel - what happens if you select 'record focus parameters seperate?"

thanks!
Parents
  • Also a nice sharp focus on the Open position of the gobo wheel will not usually equal a sharp focus on a gobo itself.

Focus is an LTP parameter. Going from a Position that has a sharp focus on the open gobo position to a new look with a gobo, the gobo will require a new focus for it to look sharp usually. Also the Zoom parameter will play in this as well. A gobo focused nicely at one zoom value will not necessarily equal a nice focus with a different zoom value.

I may not be understanding your problem exactly so if not, please explain in as much detail as possible.
  • Also a nice sharp focus on the Open position of the gobo wheel will not usually equal a sharp focus on a gobo itself.

Focus is an LTP parameter. Going from a Position that has a sharp focus on the open gobo position to a new look with a gobo, the gobo will require a new focus for it to look sharp usually. Also the Zoom parameter will play in this as well. A gobo focused nicely at one zoom value will not necessarily equal a nice focus with a different zoom value.

I may not be understanding your problem exactly so if not, please explain in as much detail as possible.
Children
No Data
Related