Wholehog2PC help, two technos, second at DMX19 won't work here And there

Well basically I usually fix this by lowering our batton that it is on, and turn it off and on.
I am wondering how I can fix this like if it is during a show. Or how I can fix it.
It only happens when the technos have been plugged in with no actual work happening.
Parents
  • [quote=NeXEA]Well When I looked at the control it's in idle.
    Do they just go into idle randomly or is it preset.

Exactly. Idle will be the default position, basically a "no-op" to the fixture, and since DMX has to have a value, it is where the control channel sits unless you give it a different value.

So, nothing to worry about . . . .

Now if you go through your cue stack and see that it ever gets changed to other values, now *THAT* might be a problem. While not terribly common, it is possible to bump that encoder when changing through the beam stuff, and errantly record a value. (That in itself is the reason for the control channel plus shutter closed combination for control commands to work - to reduce the chances of errant parameters, but it can happen . . . ).

The status I am still interested in is the status displayed on the Techno itself when it goes away . . . it should be alternating between "19" (The DMX address) and Vxxx (xxx being the s/w version number). Otherwise, it would be an error - such as "OVER TEMP" scrolling on the display. The Techno manual gives some troubleshooting info as well. The other pending question is, when the fixture goes away, is it just lamped off, or do you lose all other control functions? (IE, can you still get the mirror, etc. to move or not?). If a true shutdown, all will go away, if you still have mirror etc., then the fixture just lamped off for some reason . . . socket, heat, old lamp, voltage dip to the fixture on the truss - a number of things can cause that to happen.

- Tim
  • [quote=NeXEA]Well When I looked at the control it's in idle.
    Do they just go into idle randomly or is it preset.

Exactly. Idle will be the default position, basically a "no-op" to the fixture, and since DMX has to have a value, it is where the control channel sits unless you give it a different value.

So, nothing to worry about . . . .

Now if you go through your cue stack and see that it ever gets changed to other values, now *THAT* might be a problem. While not terribly common, it is possible to bump that encoder when changing through the beam stuff, and errantly record a value. (That in itself is the reason for the control channel plus shutter closed combination for control commands to work - to reduce the chances of errant parameters, but it can happen . . . ).

The status I am still interested in is the status displayed on the Techno itself when it goes away . . . it should be alternating between "19" (The DMX address) and Vxxx (xxx being the s/w version number). Otherwise, it would be an error - such as "OVER TEMP" scrolling on the display. The Techno manual gives some troubleshooting info as well. The other pending question is, when the fixture goes away, is it just lamped off, or do you lose all other control functions? (IE, can you still get the mirror, etc. to move or not?). If a true shutdown, all will go away, if you still have mirror etc., then the fixture just lamped off for some reason . . . socket, heat, old lamp, voltage dip to the fixture on the truss - a number of things can cause that to happen.

- Tim
Children
No Data
Related