hog 2 installation

hi all

I've got whole hog 2 with me
when I boot up it go straight into the 1,clean show 2, old show 3, load new software.

i don't know what happen but now it doesn't boot up normal anymore.

so I've download the latest version and unzip it into 2 diskette

so I attempt to load in a new sotware.
but it kept showing
'Loading....
Disk or program not found'

So I though I might have a bad floppy drive so I change another A Drive.
But still get the same result.

Please help~~~

What are the possibilities for the board to act like this?
I'm pretty sure the diskette are fine since they're new
  • Hmmm . . . . . 10 years of no use . . . . .

While it shouldn't present any problem, you might want to check the backup battery. I have seen some gear get a little nutty when the battery was completely dead or "on the edge" . . . .

Other than that, the only other things that go with age are connectors can oxidize (unplug and reseat them) and electrolytic caps can lose capacitance or short, but since it powers up OK, not sure that is a contender - most 'lytics in a Hog should be on the power supply, and if they hard fail, you usually pop a fuse or get smoke . . . .

- Tim
  • I'm not sure for the reason it slept for 10 years, but last I heard there's something wrong that it cannot work anymore. Seeing it as a waste so I took it over.
  • [quote=Joe Bleasdale;39075]Has the desk been in any cases where the heat enviroment has been above normal? May be a bad example... But the reason I ask is that with Xbox 360 consoles, if you play them for a prolonged amount of time, there is a PCB in thier rear panel which was badly designed by microsoft and playing with no booster fan on the back (thats where the PCB is) will melt the solder. Subsequently, the Xbox has to be sent back to be re-soldered. Maybe there could be a similar case with this Hog 2?

Regards,

Joe,

While the XBOX 360 might have this problem, this has never been a concern with any Wholehog 2 console. Please do not compare one company's mistakes to a situation that you know nothing about. Wholehog 2's have been used in very hot outdoor environments since they were developed and I am unaware of any console ever having melted solder.

thanks,
  • Above Tim mentions the battery. We have seen batteries that weren't changed start to leak and cause corrosion to build on the traces of the PCB. The corrosion can damage the traces. This is very possible in a console that has been sitting for years.

You asked about the processor pcb, it is not available any longer.
  • There is a UK based repair service for this generation of console which would be my next port of call. I'm sure High End Systems can put you touch through their technical support channels.

Ross
Related