Embedded palettes for focus parameter?

Hey Guys,
whats the best way to insure that I always have a sharp beam when dealing with positions vs gobos? There are a few posts on here about it, but I'm still a little confused.

do you make a focus palette for every position? are they embedded? do you make a focus palette for every gobo?
How would you update those palettes? load the position palette and the focus palette at the same time?
Parents
  • Hey! Doing pretty good, thanks for your response. You're english is great.

Can I change the function type in an existing show? meaning, when I change the function of focus from =b to =f will it work that way when I load the show into the console, or will I have to start a new show?

I'm not understanding the second part, about gobos. Here's the situation, lets say I have 2 positions - one on an upstage curtain and one fan out over the band. In my position palette I can save the focus and it will change from one position to the other keeping the beam sharp.
    Now, I want to add a gobo to this scene, and I want to keep it sharp. This will require two different focus settings (one for the curtain and one for the fan out) especially with a glass gobo.

Are you saying to load the gobo, adjust the focus and save it as a position palette? How do you work that into programming a cue if you are already using a position with focus?
  • Hey! Doing pretty good, thanks for your response. You're english is great.

Can I change the function type in an existing show? meaning, when I change the function of focus from =b to =f will it work that way when I load the show into the console, or will I have to start a new show?

I'm not understanding the second part, about gobos. Here's the situation, lets say I have 2 positions - one on an upstage curtain and one fan out over the band. In my position palette I can save the focus and it will change from one position to the other keeping the beam sharp.
    Now, I want to add a gobo to this scene, and I want to keep it sharp. This will require two different focus settings (one for the curtain and one for the fan out) especially with a glass gobo.

Are you saying to load the gobo, adjust the focus and save it as a position palette? How do you work that into programming a cue if you are already using a position with focus?
Children
No Data
Related