Embedded palettes for focus parameter?

Hey Guys,
whats the best way to insure that I always have a sharp beam when dealing with positions vs gobos? There are a few posts on here about it, but I'm still a little confused.

do you make a focus palette for every position? are they embedded? do you make a focus palette for every gobo?
How would you update those palettes? load the position palette and the focus palette at the same time?
Parents
  • Hi Dave, i try to undestand what you want to do.

„In my position palette I can save the focus and it will change from one position to the other keeping the beam sharp.“
    - Do you set the focus with Gobo „open“ ?
    - Is there a difference in sharpness when you set the focus with Gobo Open or with any Gobo?

I think there could not be a big difference.
    So set the focus for Position Preset „upstage curtain“ and „fan out“ using a gobo, maybe you have to do a little bit „fine tuning“ with the focus to match with all gobo`s and the Gobo open,
    so that you are satisfied.
    But dont forget to knock out the gobo before you store the focus to your position palette!!!!
    (you don`t have to knock out the gobo when your focus is defined as focus = f in the Function Text file, thats the advantage when the focus is =f !!)

Now you can Move to your desired positions using the position palette and add a gobo and the beam should stay sharp.

Most of the times that worked for me very fine.

„Can I change the function type in an existing show? meaning, when I change the function of focus from =b to =f will it work that way when I load the show into the console, or will I have to start a new show?“

- You can change it on an existing show, but to be safe make a copy of your show!

Have fun !
    :hogsign:
  • Hi Dave, i try to undestand what you want to do.

„In my position palette I can save the focus and it will change from one position to the other keeping the beam sharp.“
    - Do you set the focus with Gobo „open“ ?
    - Is there a difference in sharpness when you set the focus with Gobo Open or with any Gobo?

I think there could not be a big difference.
    So set the focus for Position Preset „upstage curtain“ and „fan out“ using a gobo, maybe you have to do a little bit „fine tuning“ with the focus to match with all gobo`s and the Gobo open,
    so that you are satisfied.
    But dont forget to knock out the gobo before you store the focus to your position palette!!!!
    (you don`t have to knock out the gobo when your focus is defined as focus = f in the Function Text file, thats the advantage when the focus is =f !!)

Now you can Move to your desired positions using the position palette and add a gobo and the beam should stay sharp.

Most of the times that worked for me very fine.

„Can I change the function type in an existing show? meaning, when I change the function of focus from =b to =f will it work that way when I load the show into the console, or will I have to start a new show?“

- You can change it on an existing show, but to be safe make a copy of your show!

Have fun !
    :hogsign:
Children
No Data
Related