Floppy drive replacement...?

So I have a couple of links for you.... I have been researching the idea of replacing the floppy drive in a Hog 2 with some sort of card reader, and I have come across these sites (one is linked from the other) - does anyone have any experience with this, or any comments....?

jimwarholic.com/2009/04/fdd-floppy-disk-drive-emulators.php

www.plrelectronics.com/floppy_to_usb.php

I can see where problems might arise if someone rented the board and only had their show on floppy, but they could (?) just copy the show to a thumb drive first.... Also, there are floppy/flash card reader combo drives available, but these all appear to require the equipment to ALREADY be able to use USB...... Dunno, thoughts?

AJ
Parents
  • [QUOTE=rob0260;45751]We have installed 2 x IPCAS USB floppy emulators in our Hog 1ks with no problems at all.
    It took about 30mins per desk to install but just be aware the Hog needs to format each virtual floppy which takes about 3-4 minutes per floppy. we spent and hour or so formatting a dozen or so floppys each to make the saving easier for the operators.
    :cool:

would it be possible to advise as to which model of IPCAS USB floppy emulator was successful as there are 3 versions available.

thanks
  • [QUOTE=rob0260;45751]We have installed 2 x IPCAS USB floppy emulators in our Hog 1ks with no problems at all.
    It took about 30mins per desk to install but just be aware the Hog needs to format each virtual floppy which takes about 3-4 minutes per floppy. we spent and hour or so formatting a dozen or so floppys each to make the saving easier for the operators.
    :cool:

would it be possible to advise as to which model of IPCAS USB floppy emulator was successful as there are 3 versions available.

thanks
Children
No Data
Related