Novice lib File Programmer..HELP!

Howdy All,

I am a very novice library file programmer and have gotten myself into a world of trouble. The blank show file I am working on needed a Clay Paky Alpha Profile 700 added to it and I needed to write it first. I completed the writing via the software listed on the Flying Pig Site. After I created the new profile I added it to the end of the show's library text file, increase the count to the next number and saved.

I keep getting an error when loading the new show file onto my console (Hog 1000).

"function duplicated in library file: _lib.lib"
"failed to read in fixture: _lib.lib"

Please help. I need to get everything working before a show at the beginning of next week. I attached the whole show file zipped for easy handling.

Thanks!!
Parents
  • From what I see, you have included the "kind =" parameter on a bunch of stuff which is already defined in FUNCTION.TXT, such as "Shape 1a", etc., and as such, likely results in the "duplicate function" error. Not sure why the generator would include, that, but I suggest that you look into FUNCTION.TXT, and find those parameters such as the above that are already there that have a "kind =" entry, and drop the "kind =" accordingly, and hopefully you rill be good. The Hog-2 manual is pretty clear that "kind =" is only to be used for one-off stuff that isn't already in FUNCTION.TXT.

If I get bored, I may try to load this up in Hog2-PC and see how it fares myself, but not sure how much free time I'm going to find these days . . .

- Tim
  • From what I see, you have included the "kind =" parameter on a bunch of stuff which is already defined in FUNCTION.TXT, such as "Shape 1a", etc., and as such, likely results in the "duplicate function" error. Not sure why the generator would include, that, but I suggest that you look into FUNCTION.TXT, and find those parameters such as the above that are already there that have a "kind =" entry, and drop the "kind =" accordingly, and hopefully you rill be good. The Hog-2 manual is pretty clear that "kind =" is only to be used for one-off stuff that isn't already in FUNCTION.TXT.

If I get bored, I may try to load this up in Hog2-PC and see how it fares myself, but not sure how much free time I'm going to find these days . . .

- Tim
Children
No Data
Related