How to create a stable profile for HOG 500

Hey everyone, so I have created a hog 500 profile for the Chuavet Color strip.

It is an RGB 4 channel LED bar. However i'm having some issues with how Chuavet configured the light as far as channels.

This light does NOT have a "dimmer" channel. It only has a RGB color mixing mode that allows the user to control each channel individually, but how you do this is to bring up channel 1, to DMX value like 85%. It also has a bunch of chases that I tried to program in as Macros, but I could not get it to work (inside the profile I made), this is the first profile I have ever written myself and I atleast have 80% functionality.

//-------------------------------------------------------
fixture = CoStrip
manufacturer = 99
product = 99
name = Color Strip
yoke = no

output = dmx

parameter = Colors
kind = c
default = 0
highlight = 0
crossfade = 0
type = htp8bit
range = 0, 255,%

parameter = Red
default = 0
highlight = 0
crossfade = 0
type = htp8bit
range = 0, 255,%

parameter = Green
default = 0
highlight = 0
crossfade = 0
type = htp8bit
range = 0, 255,%

parameter = Blue
default = 0
highlight = 0
crossfade = 0
type = htp8bit
range = 0, 255,%

parameter = Macro
default = 0
highlight = 0
crossfade = 1
type = lhtp8bit
range = 80, 89, ColorChange1, noauto
range = 90, 99, ColorChange2, noauto
range = 100, 109, ColorChange3, noauto
range = 110, 119, ColorChange4, noauto
range = 120, 129, ColorChange5, noauto
range = 130, 139, ColorChange6, noauto
range = 140, 149, Chase1, noauto
range = 150, 159, Chase2, noauto
range = 160, 169, Chase3, noauto
range = 170, 179, Chase4, noauto
range = 180, 189, Chase5, noauto
range = 190, 199, Chase6, noauto
range = 200, 209, Chase7, noauto
range = 210, 219, RGBMix, noauto
range = 220, 229, ColorFade, noauto

www.manualslib.com/manual/608660/Chauvet-Colorstrip.html?page=15#manual Here is the DMX channels and values

Parents
  • Hi MadisonPanda,

the crossfade says the console, whether the channel is fadeable through the time section. Let's say you define a fade time of 2secs to a cue, which is the default setting of a clean show in the HOG II OS.

When you start the cue by pressing on "play" or pull up the fader/press the flash-button (depends on settings), the cue fades in in the desired time. On some channels (e.g. your "Colors"-channel) it makes no sense to fade these channels. So you can define in the fixture profile how these channels behave.

If in the profile the crossfade is set to 0 (default), it fades in this mentioned time.
    If it's set to 1, it snaps at the beginning of the fade time.
    If it's set to 2, it snaps at the end of the fade time.

Greetings,
    Roman
  • Hi MadisonPanda,

the crossfade says the console, whether the channel is fadeable through the time section. Let's say you define a fade time of 2secs to a cue, which is the default setting of a clean show in the HOG II OS.

When you start the cue by pressing on "play" or pull up the fader/press the flash-button (depends on settings), the cue fades in in the desired time. On some channels (e.g. your "Colors"-channel) it makes no sense to fade these channels. So you can define in the fixture profile how these channels behave.

If in the profile the crossfade is set to 0 (default), it fades in this mentioned time.
    If it's set to 1, it snaps at the beginning of the fade time.
    If it's set to 2, it snaps at the end of the fade time.

Greetings,
    Roman
Children
No Data
Related