USB over Ethernet

I always thought it was a shame the programming and playback wings only supported USB and were therefore limited to a range of only 5m. Has anyone tested any USB over Ethernet products such as this: www.bb-elec.com/product.asp?SKU=ANYWHEREUSB/5 for use with WH3/iPC consoles?
Parents
  • I know of a Broadway show that used something like this with Hog 2PC to leave the computer in the booth and put the programming and playback wing at the tech table during production. It worked well I guess, but when they had some other problems, then they had to remove all that stuff for troubleshooting (none if it was related to the problems, which were ended up getting solved).

Now getting the USB drivers into the Linux and console might be a different story. :)
  • I know of a Broadway show that used something like this with Hog 2PC to leave the computer in the booth and put the programming and playback wing at the tech table during production. It worked well I guess, but when they had some other problems, then they had to remove all that stuff for troubleshooting (none if it was related to the problems, which were ended up getting solved).

Now getting the USB drivers into the Linux and console might be a different story. :)
Children
No Data
Related