Palette Speed-Fader

a fader that controles only the crossfade times of palettes would be a perfect thing for live shows...

just a function to set a fader as timing-fader with a editable value as low (down) and high (up) or other way to set 2 fade timings and when this fader is drawn to a position this is the manual setted fade time for next programmer edit...
Parents
  • Donald,

What's being discussed is a fader that has no look information and is only used to control timing.

Currently, in every editor (except parked) there is a Fade Changes button. Enabling Fade Changes causes changes in that editor to use the default timing set in Preferences rather than 0 time for all parameters that are changed.

What has been requested is a fader that would control the fade time of changes that are taking place in the current editor.

This would make it *much* easier to run shows on the fly because you could grab lights and send them to a new palette in whatever time is appropriate for the situation you are in. Currently your only options are to use time 0 (Fade Changes off) or the default time (Fade Changes on).

I'm guessing this would require a slightly different approach to how we handle masters, because it wouldn't be a directory item that gets attached to a master. I'd want the ability to tell the console that a master that I'm not using on my current page should now behave as an "editor time override fader".
  • Donald,

What's being discussed is a fader that has no look information and is only used to control timing.

Currently, in every editor (except parked) there is a Fade Changes button. Enabling Fade Changes causes changes in that editor to use the default timing set in Preferences rather than 0 time for all parameters that are changed.

What has been requested is a fader that would control the fade time of changes that are taking place in the current editor.

This would make it *much* easier to run shows on the fly because you could grab lights and send them to a new palette in whatever time is appropriate for the situation you are in. Currently your only options are to use time 0 (Fade Changes off) or the default time (Fade Changes on).

I'm guessing this would require a slightly different approach to how we handle masters, because it wouldn't be a directory item that gets attached to a master. I'd want the ability to tell the console that a master that I'm not using on my current page should now behave as an "editor time override fader".
Children
No Data
Related