electric discharge kills console !

1.3.8.6 Build 956

after a electric discharge by touching one of the encoders the console immediately switches off the tft's including all kind of button related led's and after a short while the console starts flashing all choose buttons...

after switching the console off and on again seems to be running normal.

what has happen here ? can i expect this to happen at all electric discharge ?
Parents
  • Jason,
    Greetings. While you mentioned that an elctical dishacharge killing the console is "not common by any means", I can tell you that it has killed mine no less than four times. The last time during an event with 13,000 in attendance, with a front of house rig set up on concrete and plenty of moisture in the air. I cannot imaging that I will have to "discharge" myself each time I sit down at the console: or more specifically, each time I choose to touch an encoder. Each time this has happened to me, it as happened exactly as Matt described it and I do believe it is an EXTREMELY unfortunate side effect of those "shiny metal wheels". I cannot imagine stepping up to any console (lighting, audio, video or otherwise) and having it crash simply due to a static shock. This is something you should address.

-Scott Moore
    Go Live Productions, LLC
  • Jason,
    Greetings. While you mentioned that an elctical dishacharge killing the console is "not common by any means", I can tell you that it has killed mine no less than four times. The last time during an event with 13,000 in attendance, with a front of house rig set up on concrete and plenty of moisture in the air. I cannot imaging that I will have to "discharge" myself each time I sit down at the console: or more specifically, each time I choose to touch an encoder. Each time this has happened to me, it as happened exactly as Matt described it and I do believe it is an EXTREMELY unfortunate side effect of those "shiny metal wheels". I cannot imagine stepping up to any console (lighting, audio, video or otherwise) and having it crash simply due to a static shock. This is something you should address.

-Scott Moore
    Go Live Productions, LLC
Children
No Data
Related