electric discharge kills console !

1.3.8.6 Build 956

after a electric discharge by touching one of the encoders the console immediately switches off the tft's including all kind of button related led's and after a short while the console starts flashing all choose buttons...

after switching the console off and on again seems to be running normal.

what has happen here ? can i expect this to happen at all electric discharge ?
Parents
  • [quote=Scott Moore] I cannot imagine stepping up to any console (lighting, audio, video or otherwise) and having it crash simply due to a static shock.

While it may not happen much anymore (and should not IMHO), I have definitely seen this problem in the past, especially with Lighting consoles from the late 70's and early 80's. At least with this one you don't erase all the memory and lose your show data :-)
  • [quote=Scott Moore] I cannot imagine stepping up to any console (lighting, audio, video or otherwise) and having it crash simply due to a static shock.

While it may not happen much anymore (and should not IMHO), I have definitely seen this problem in the past, especially with Lighting consoles from the late 70's and early 80's. At least with this one you don't erase all the memory and lose your show data :-)
Children
No Data
Related