electric discharge kills console !

1.3.8.6 Build 956

after a electric discharge by touching one of the encoders the console immediately switches off the tft's including all kind of button related led's and after a short while the console starts flashing all choose buttons...

after switching the console off and on again seems to be running normal.

what has happen here ? can i expect this to happen at all electric discharge ?
Parents
  • Perhpas it might be good to note what other touring LD's, and audio engineers (PM 1D, PM 5D, etc.) are doing with their consoles. I suppose my point is that I have never had a static discharge kill a Hog II in the many years that I have used them (since version 1 software), and yet I have had this problem 4 times in three different locations in just over three months. Also note that those four instances were on two different desks. It seems to me that this console is fairly suspect when it comes to this issue.

Thank you,
    Scott
  • Perhpas it might be good to note what other touring LD's, and audio engineers (PM 1D, PM 5D, etc.) are doing with their consoles. I suppose my point is that I have never had a static discharge kill a Hog II in the many years that I have used them (since version 1 software), and yet I have had this problem 4 times in three different locations in just over three months. Also note that those four instances were on two different desks. It seems to me that this console is fairly suspect when it comes to this issue.

Thank you,
    Scott
Children
No Data
Related