electric discharge kills console !

1.3.8.6 Build 956

after a electric discharge by touching one of the encoders the console immediately switches off the tft's including all kind of button related led's and after a short while the console starts flashing all choose buttons...

after switching the console off and on again seems to be running normal.

what has happen here ? can i expect this to happen at all electric discharge ?
Parents
  • I have used this console for the last 3 years, 6 different desks, world wide, on concrete, on carpet, on dirt, even on the back of a truck, and have not experienced this.
    Some things that might be different: my desk is almost always attached to a UPS, I almost always use the desk on a table with plastic or rubber-tread casters, and all the desks I have used are at least 18 months old. Is it possible the desks in question are newer units or that something has changed in the power supplies or wiring harnesses? Would the casters make a significant difference?
  • I have used this console for the last 3 years, 6 different desks, world wide, on concrete, on carpet, on dirt, even on the back of a truck, and have not experienced this.
    Some things that might be different: my desk is almost always attached to a UPS, I almost always use the desk on a table with plastic or rubber-tread casters, and all the desks I have used are at least 18 months old. Is it possible the desks in question are newer units or that something has changed in the power supplies or wiring harnesses? Would the casters make a significant difference?
Children
No Data
Related