electric discharge kills console !

1.3.8.6 Build 956

after a electric discharge by touching one of the encoders the console immediately switches off the tft's including all kind of button related led's and after a short while the console starts flashing all choose buttons...

after switching the console off and on again seems to be running normal.

what has happen here ? can i expect this to happen at all electric discharge ?
Parents
  • I would guess that the external components being mostly metallic would contribute to the conductivity of static discharge. The Artisan and of lately Virtuoso also have metal encoders and front panels. I don't remember getting a static shock from those however I distinctly do remember getting the crap knocked out me while servicing an Artisan desk while on though! Both of those Vari-Lite desks are 208v AC input. I wonder if that has something to do with static discharge? That would be an interesting experiment to operate a Hog III with 120v and then 208v in a static intensive environment to see if the different AC supplies have any effect.:Eyecrazy:
  • I would guess that the external components being mostly metallic would contribute to the conductivity of static discharge. The Artisan and of lately Virtuoso also have metal encoders and front panels. I don't remember getting a static shock from those however I distinctly do remember getting the crap knocked out me while servicing an Artisan desk while on though! Both of those Vari-Lite desks are 208v AC input. I wonder if that has something to do with static discharge? That would be an interesting experiment to operate a Hog III with 120v and then 208v in a static intensive environment to see if the different AC supplies have any effect.:Eyecrazy:
Children
No Data
Related