electric discharge kills console !

1.3.8.6 Build 956

after a electric discharge by touching one of the encoders the console immediately switches off the tft's including all kind of button related led's and after a short while the console starts flashing all choose buttons...

after switching the console off and on again seems to be running normal.

what has happen here ? can i expect this to happen at all electric discharge ?
Parents
  • In my case we are playing all the standard arenas on both concrete and on covered ice. My issue last week was on concrete. The time before that I was on covered ice and prior to that I had it happen twice in the shop on a concrete floor. In two cases the console was set up on plastic tables and in the other two it was set up on a standard chip board table with a laminated top. Rubber feet in both cases. The console is always running through an APC/UPS.

I have since heard that a friend of mine has had the same issue. I am seriously considering replacing the encoder wheels with something plastic or perhaps modifying them. There has been some discussion about possibly enlarging the hole in the base of the encoder wheel to allow for installing some heat shrink on the post of the actual encoder. We'll have to take a wheel off to see if that is possible or makes sense, however, I can't imagine having to deal with this again during a show or even a programming session.

-Scott
  • In my case we are playing all the standard arenas on both concrete and on covered ice. My issue last week was on concrete. The time before that I was on covered ice and prior to that I had it happen twice in the shop on a concrete floor. In two cases the console was set up on plastic tables and in the other two it was set up on a standard chip board table with a laminated top. Rubber feet in both cases. The console is always running through an APC/UPS.

I have since heard that a friend of mine has had the same issue. I am seriously considering replacing the encoder wheels with something plastic or perhaps modifying them. There has been some discussion about possibly enlarging the hole in the base of the encoder wheel to allow for installing some heat shrink on the post of the actual encoder. We'll have to take a wheel off to see if that is possible or makes sense, however, I can't imagine having to deal with this again during a show or even a programming session.

-Scott
Children
No Data
Related