Filtering copy

Does this make any sense?

It is possible to use Group # Cue # Copy [enter] to bring fixtures to programmer...
How about bringing only fixtures which have intensity above 0% ?

This idea comes from the use of Live / Group # , which makes selecting fixtures very easy...but is only for fixtures which are really outputting
Parents
  • [quote=teerickson]bellons,

"Copy this cue into the programmer, but don't overwrite any of the stuff I already have in there."

And there lies the debate.

Would that be useful?
    What is the most logical syntax to implement it with?

Hmm...maybe a situation where you have something in programmer and you want to add everything else from a cue or scene and you want to be sure that what you just did is not overwritten...

I know the same thing can be done by copying that cue you are going to bring to the programmer to somewhere else and merge the thing you did from programmer to that cue. After that copy the cue to programmer.

But, the first way feels better...

I suggest using Merge for this...like I said, when I tried this, it somehow felt logical to work that way. Actually I was a bit surprised it didn't work :)
  • [quote=teerickson]bellons,

"Copy this cue into the programmer, but don't overwrite any of the stuff I already have in there."

And there lies the debate.

Would that be useful?
    What is the most logical syntax to implement it with?

Hmm...maybe a situation where you have something in programmer and you want to add everything else from a cue or scene and you want to be sure that what you just did is not overwritten...

I know the same thing can be done by copying that cue you are going to bring to the programmer to somewhere else and merge the thing you did from programmer to that cue. After that copy the cue to programmer.

But, the first way feels better...

I suggest using Merge for this...like I said, when I tried this, it somehow felt logical to work that way. Actually I was a bit surprised it didn't work :)
Children
No Data
Related