Effect Engine Hog2 Import

Hi,

Is it possible to merge my hog2 effects tables and my effects library into the hog3 ?
Or do I have re-create all of it ? :17:

Thanks

Laurent F
Parents
  • [quote=teerickson]Hawthorn,

Is there anything that you would like to see added or handled differently than it was in Hog 2?

Thanks.

MIDI-IN
    Support for MIDI-IN was great on the Hog2, I was able to get the desk connected to most media-control-units I got in touch with that were able to send MIDI. MIDI-notes for fader values were also a nice thing I used every now and then. A possibility to send a fader value with just one MIDI-note instead of sending 2 notes would be great. I've had to build weird setups with a laptop with MIDI-IN and MIDI-OUT to convert MIDI-messages in situations when the sender of the MIDI-Notes needed to be able to control fader intensities without somebody changing cues in the desk - some systems can only send one note for each event.
    Since this function would block a lot of MIDI-notes just for the faders, you should maybe map the control of the faders on a seperate device-id and add an option in the control panel to enable this function since some people might get confused as they are used to have the desk listening to all device-ids by default in the past.

MIDI-OUT
    I was triggering Arkaos a lot out of my cuelists in the Hog2 to run the video in sync to my show (programming one cuelist for each song). It was a lot of work to type all the notes in the comment-fields. It would be nice if there were some kind of shortcuts to trigger MIDI-Notes. Like "ON8" and "OFF8" instead of typing MSh1/9008FF and MSh1/9108FF in situations when you only have one MIDI-Out device.
    A possibility to see, what notes are triggered within a cuelist and when they are released would also be helpful. I know that some other cuelist on the desk might also send a MIDI-Note, but such a view on only one cuelist would help a lot to find typos and forgotten note-off-messages when you are programming a show that is running off of one list.

Jan
  • [quote=teerickson]Hawthorn,

Is there anything that you would like to see added or handled differently than it was in Hog 2?

Thanks.

MIDI-IN
    Support for MIDI-IN was great on the Hog2, I was able to get the desk connected to most media-control-units I got in touch with that were able to send MIDI. MIDI-notes for fader values were also a nice thing I used every now and then. A possibility to send a fader value with just one MIDI-note instead of sending 2 notes would be great. I've had to build weird setups with a laptop with MIDI-IN and MIDI-OUT to convert MIDI-messages in situations when the sender of the MIDI-Notes needed to be able to control fader intensities without somebody changing cues in the desk - some systems can only send one note for each event.
    Since this function would block a lot of MIDI-notes just for the faders, you should maybe map the control of the faders on a seperate device-id and add an option in the control panel to enable this function since some people might get confused as they are used to have the desk listening to all device-ids by default in the past.

MIDI-OUT
    I was triggering Arkaos a lot out of my cuelists in the Hog2 to run the video in sync to my show (programming one cuelist for each song). It was a lot of work to type all the notes in the comment-fields. It would be nice if there were some kind of shortcuts to trigger MIDI-Notes. Like "ON8" and "OFF8" instead of typing MSh1/9008FF and MSh1/9108FF in situations when you only have one MIDI-Out device.
    A possibility to see, what notes are triggered within a cuelist and when they are released would also be helpful. I know that some other cuelist on the desk might also send a MIDI-Note, but such a view on only one cuelist would help a lot to find typos and forgotten note-off-messages when you are programming a show that is running off of one list.

Jan
Children
No Data
Related