Effect Engine Hog2 Import

Hi,

Is it possible to merge my hog2 effects tables and my effects library into the hog3 ?
Or do I have re-create all of it ? :17:

Thanks

Laurent F
Parents
  • Paul,

I really like your idea of a cueable MIDI message fixture. I'm not seeing a bug currently open, so I want to get some more details from you and then I'll open a new feature request.

I assume we'd want to add 2 fixtures. One to send MIDI continuous controller data and one to send MIDI notes.

Continuous controllers send 2 pieces of information. The first is the Controller Number and the second is the Value. I think one possible implementation would be to have the controller number on one wheel and the value on another. We would also want a slot for transmit enable / disable. If the value changes and transmit is enabled, the value is transmitted. If transmit changes from disabled to enabled, the current value would be transmitted.

MIDI notes are a bit more involved. There are both note-on and note-off messages. Note-on messages contain the MIDI channel number, the key number, and the velocity. Can you give me an idea of what information you need for the devices you're working with? I'm not sure how much of this we need to implement and I can see things getting complex pretty quickly.

Let me know what you think of this. I'm sure we can come up with something that would work.

Thanks.
  • Paul,

I really like your idea of a cueable MIDI message fixture. I'm not seeing a bug currently open, so I want to get some more details from you and then I'll open a new feature request.

I assume we'd want to add 2 fixtures. One to send MIDI continuous controller data and one to send MIDI notes.

Continuous controllers send 2 pieces of information. The first is the Controller Number and the second is the Value. I think one possible implementation would be to have the controller number on one wheel and the value on another. We would also want a slot for transmit enable / disable. If the value changes and transmit is enabled, the value is transmitted. If transmit changes from disabled to enabled, the current value would be transmitted.

MIDI notes are a bit more involved. There are both note-on and note-off messages. Note-on messages contain the MIDI channel number, the key number, and the velocity. Can you give me an idea of what information you need for the devices you're working with? I'm not sure how much of this we need to implement and I can see things getting complex pretty quickly.

Let me know what you think of this. I'm sure we can come up with something that would work.

Thanks.
Children
No Data
Related