Effect Engine Hog2 Import

Hi,

Is it possible to merge my hog2 effects tables and my effects library into the hog3 ?
Or do I have re-create all of it ? :17:

Thanks

Laurent F
Parents
  • [quote=teerickson]
    How would you want the patch interface to work?

If you are patching to a single note, then you would need to have 16 "universes" for your 16 channels (plus one for omni) and each universe would require 88 "addresses" for each of the notes.

That's about how I thought it could be. But as far as I remember, it's 127 notes? but maybe I'm wrong...
    The patching would just be as patching dmx-fixtures. Just that a different window will pop up to let you choose the device-id instead of a dmx-universe.
    Patching 50 channels in a row on the same device-id would be the same as patching 50 desk channels in a row... done in a few seconds.

[quote=teerickson]
    There might also be cases where it would make sense to have multiple fixtures controlling the same MIDI note. I might want to have a fixture for each of my individual notes and one fixture that controls a subgroup of those notes.

When I want to change multiple notes at once, I make a group like I do with any lamp and change all lamps (MIDI notes) at the same time?! That would be my way of doing it. And MIDI note "behaviour" would perfectly match the way lamps behave... and when you want one fixture to control multiple notes, just patch it that way as you would do with a desk channel that is supposed to control a bunch of dimmer channels.

Isn't the great idea of the Wholehog that everything behaves the same, just as you would expect it? Why make a MIDI fixture behave different than a desk channel?

I don't get the point where the other approach could be more useful compared to a "simple" 1-channel-midi fixture that needs to be patched. Please help me out when I'm wrong, maybe I'm already stuck in my idea... ;)
    But' I'll go to bed now, it's close to 1am here in Germany... Maybe your approach makes sense to me tomorrow after some coffee :06:

Jan
  • [quote=teerickson]
    How would you want the patch interface to work?

If you are patching to a single note, then you would need to have 16 "universes" for your 16 channels (plus one for omni) and each universe would require 88 "addresses" for each of the notes.

That's about how I thought it could be. But as far as I remember, it's 127 notes? but maybe I'm wrong...
    The patching would just be as patching dmx-fixtures. Just that a different window will pop up to let you choose the device-id instead of a dmx-universe.
    Patching 50 channels in a row on the same device-id would be the same as patching 50 desk channels in a row... done in a few seconds.

[quote=teerickson]
    There might also be cases where it would make sense to have multiple fixtures controlling the same MIDI note. I might want to have a fixture for each of my individual notes and one fixture that controls a subgroup of those notes.

When I want to change multiple notes at once, I make a group like I do with any lamp and change all lamps (MIDI notes) at the same time?! That would be my way of doing it. And MIDI note "behaviour" would perfectly match the way lamps behave... and when you want one fixture to control multiple notes, just patch it that way as you would do with a desk channel that is supposed to control a bunch of dimmer channels.

Isn't the great idea of the Wholehog that everything behaves the same, just as you would expect it? Why make a MIDI fixture behave different than a desk channel?

I don't get the point where the other approach could be more useful compared to a "simple" 1-channel-midi fixture that needs to be patched. Please help me out when I'm wrong, maybe I'm already stuck in my idea... ;)
    But' I'll go to bed now, it's close to 1am here in Germany... Maybe your approach makes sense to me tomorrow after some coffee :06:

Jan
Children
No Data
Related