"Set"-ing wheel values

Hey, it would be really great if we had the ability to type a wheel value directly via "Set" as a quicker way of getting the right value.

i.e. for Catalyst hold "Set" + touch wheel for "Library" or "File", then type the value rather than having to turn the wheel all the way to the right file number.

This could be useful for many other parameters too, CMY values, Focus/Zoom values.....
Parents
  • [quote=jxgriffi]
    Pepijn,

In dealing with VL1000's, I have a dedicated page that puts each motor on a fader for all fixtures (8 faders total). That way I can use the faders to set the shutter cut, touch the fixtures and record the palette that way. It's a quick way to deal with the shutters.

Hope it helps....
    j

:offtopic: :hijacked:

OMG! I love this! Yes I totally understand dealing with Framing.

A great addition to this feature is to create 8 cuelists with cues at 5 degree increments. Anytime I'm dealing with frames (a lot), I use my cuelist window as my stepper.
    At the top of my cuelist, I place my shutter frames in an orientation that corresponds to the actual shutter layout where I have two on the first row, two down a column to the left, two down a column to the right, and two on the 4th row. This places the shutter where I can see them as they are orientated in the light. Actually, truth be know I use 8 more cuelist with macros that step backward through my 8 shutter lists. Also, I have labeled the cuelists by the frame number so that when I fine tune, I actually grab the right one.

Good idea dude!:headbang:
  • [quote=jxgriffi]
    Pepijn,

In dealing with VL1000's, I have a dedicated page that puts each motor on a fader for all fixtures (8 faders total). That way I can use the faders to set the shutter cut, touch the fixtures and record the palette that way. It's a quick way to deal with the shutters.

Hope it helps....
    j

:offtopic: :hijacked:

OMG! I love this! Yes I totally understand dealing with Framing.

A great addition to this feature is to create 8 cuelists with cues at 5 degree increments. Anytime I'm dealing with frames (a lot), I use my cuelist window as my stepper.
    At the top of my cuelist, I place my shutter frames in an orientation that corresponds to the actual shutter layout where I have two on the first row, two down a column to the left, two down a column to the right, and two on the 4th row. This places the shutter where I can see them as they are orientated in the light. Actually, truth be know I use 8 more cuelist with macros that step backward through my 8 shutter lists. Also, I have labeled the cuelists by the frame number so that when I fine tune, I actually grab the right one.

Good idea dude!:headbang:
Children
No Data
Related