Hog III Novice

Hi All,
having been a Hog II user for some time i'm going to start my first run of show's on an IPC in hog III mode.
Most of you are way ahead of me so i'm looking for some help setting up a basic show.
I want the show i create to be something i can continue to use in festival situations over the summer so anything i start now will be the basis for my festival show later in the year.
Any tips or info regarding building pallettes,cuelists or patching would be of a big help.

Thanks in advance C :welcome:
Parents
  • While some of the syntax is different, you can use the same logic for laying out your groups and palettes for busking as you did on the Wholehog 2.

Is there anything specific you were wondering about or are there any particular areas you'd like advice with?

Here's a few things to get you started:

FADE CHANGES
    There is no longer a Live Programmer button in the Control Panel. Each editor, including the Programmer, has a Fade Changes button on the toolbar at the top.

ADDITIVE VIEWS
    Hold Open and press the View soft key to open the view directory.
    Press the spreadsheet icon to look at the spreadsheet view.
    There is an additive column that can be set Yes / No.
    A view with Additive set to Yes will recall the windows stored in that view on top of any other windows that are already open. This allows you to save a couple of basic views with all of your standard windows and then use additive views to recall specific windows you need on top of those views.

GUARD CUELISTS / ACTION AT END OF LIST
    The cuelist directory has a Guard button on the toolbar at the top. If you have guard turned off and you tap a cuelist, it will activate a Go for that cuelist. This allows you to run cuelists that are not attached to masters.
    In the cuelist options window, there is a drop-down list for Action at end of list. If you set this to "Add release end cue", pressing go when in the last cue will release the list. By using these 2 features together, you can cuelists with a single cue that can be turned on and off by tapping the list in the cuelist window. This can be a convenient way to change colors, change gobos, or strobe fixtures.

SCENES WITH IPCB FADERS
    Record a scene to a master. Open the scene options and on the Master Controls tab, set the Fader to be an IPCB crossfader. Running the fader will manually crossfade parameters from their values on-stage to the values in the scene. This is very powerful and can allow you to manually fade all of your wash lights to blue or all of your spots into a ballyhoo, for example.

TAP SYNC
    For chases that are assigned to masters, holding the Choose button for that master and tapping play will tap-sync the chase.

INHIBITIVE SUBMASTERS
    Moving a Group onto a master will create an inhibitive submaster for that group of fixtures.

CAPTURE PAGE ACTIVITY
    In the page directory, you can capture the state of the current page so that it will be restored every time that page is loaded. You can also click on the spreadsheet view and directly edit the comment macros used for this functionality. You can add macros to go or release lists, fade masters, enable timecode, and many other options.

I hope this helps to get you started. Please let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks.
  • While some of the syntax is different, you can use the same logic for laying out your groups and palettes for busking as you did on the Wholehog 2.

Is there anything specific you were wondering about or are there any particular areas you'd like advice with?

Here's a few things to get you started:

FADE CHANGES
    There is no longer a Live Programmer button in the Control Panel. Each editor, including the Programmer, has a Fade Changes button on the toolbar at the top.

ADDITIVE VIEWS
    Hold Open and press the View soft key to open the view directory.
    Press the spreadsheet icon to look at the spreadsheet view.
    There is an additive column that can be set Yes / No.
    A view with Additive set to Yes will recall the windows stored in that view on top of any other windows that are already open. This allows you to save a couple of basic views with all of your standard windows and then use additive views to recall specific windows you need on top of those views.

GUARD CUELISTS / ACTION AT END OF LIST
    The cuelist directory has a Guard button on the toolbar at the top. If you have guard turned off and you tap a cuelist, it will activate a Go for that cuelist. This allows you to run cuelists that are not attached to masters.
    In the cuelist options window, there is a drop-down list for Action at end of list. If you set this to "Add release end cue", pressing go when in the last cue will release the list. By using these 2 features together, you can cuelists with a single cue that can be turned on and off by tapping the list in the cuelist window. This can be a convenient way to change colors, change gobos, or strobe fixtures.

SCENES WITH IPCB FADERS
    Record a scene to a master. Open the scene options and on the Master Controls tab, set the Fader to be an IPCB crossfader. Running the fader will manually crossfade parameters from their values on-stage to the values in the scene. This is very powerful and can allow you to manually fade all of your wash lights to blue or all of your spots into a ballyhoo, for example.

TAP SYNC
    For chases that are assigned to masters, holding the Choose button for that master and tapping play will tap-sync the chase.

INHIBITIVE SUBMASTERS
    Moving a Group onto a master will create an inhibitive submaster for that group of fixtures.

CAPTURE PAGE ACTIVITY
    In the page directory, you can capture the state of the current page so that it will be restored every time that page is loaded. You can also click on the spreadsheet view and directly edit the comment macros used for this functionality. You can add macros to go or release lists, fade masters, enable timecode, and many other options.

I hope this helps to get you started. Please let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks.
Children
No Data
Related