Hog III Novice

Hi All,
having been a Hog II user for some time i'm going to start my first run of show's on an IPC in hog III mode.
Most of you are way ahead of me so i'm looking for some help setting up a basic show.
I want the show i create to be something i can continue to use in festival situations over the summer so anything i start now will be the basis for my festival show later in the year.
Any tips or info regarding building pallettes,cuelists or patching would be of a big help.

Thanks in advance C :welcome:
Parents
  • Cormac,

1) Change Type looks at the common parameters that are shared between the old fixture type and the new fixture type. If the both the old and new fixtures have CMY parameters, those will be transferred. If the both fixtures have HS parameters, those will also be transferred. If both fixtures have a Colour 1 parameter (static colour wheel) with a slot named Red, then anytime the Red slot has been used in cues, scenes and palettes for the old fixture, it will be used for the new fixture.

2) There are 3 palette types: Global, Per-Type, and Per-Fixture. The console is usually intelligent enough to determine which type to use. Global palettes apply the same values to all fixtures. Per-Type palettes apply the same values to all fixtures of a single type. Per-Fixture palettes apply unique values to each fixture.

Global palettes and Per-Type palettes will behave as "greedy" and can be applied to fixtures that weren't originally recorded to the palette.

When you record a palette, if all of your fixtures have the same values, the palette will be recorded as global. If each of your fixture types have the same values, but there are differences between the types, the palette will be recorded as per-type. Otherwise, the palette will be recorded as per-fixture.

You can override the type of palette created by selecting Global, Per-Type, or Per-Fixture from the More... section of the Record Options Toolbar, but it will not let you perform an invalid operation, such as recording a global palette when you have differing values in your programmer.
  • Cormac,

1) Change Type looks at the common parameters that are shared between the old fixture type and the new fixture type. If the both the old and new fixtures have CMY parameters, those will be transferred. If the both fixtures have HS parameters, those will also be transferred. If both fixtures have a Colour 1 parameter (static colour wheel) with a slot named Red, then anytime the Red slot has been used in cues, scenes and palettes for the old fixture, it will be used for the new fixture.

2) There are 3 palette types: Global, Per-Type, and Per-Fixture. The console is usually intelligent enough to determine which type to use. Global palettes apply the same values to all fixtures. Per-Type palettes apply the same values to all fixtures of a single type. Per-Fixture palettes apply unique values to each fixture.

Global palettes and Per-Type palettes will behave as "greedy" and can be applied to fixtures that weren't originally recorded to the palette.

When you record a palette, if all of your fixtures have the same values, the palette will be recorded as global. If each of your fixture types have the same values, but there are differences between the types, the palette will be recorded as per-type. Otherwise, the palette will be recorded as per-fixture.

You can override the type of palette created by selecting Global, Per-Type, or Per-Fixture from the More... section of the Record Options Toolbar, but it will not let you perform an invalid operation, such as recording a global palette when you have differing values in your programmer.
Children
No Data
Related