Hog III Novice

Hi All,
having been a Hog II user for some time i'm going to start my first run of show's on an IPC in hog III mode.
Most of you are way ahead of me so i'm looking for some help setting up a basic show.
I want the show i create to be something i can continue to use in festival situations over the summer so anything i start now will be the basis for my festival show later in the year.
Any tips or info regarding building pallettes,cuelists or patching would be of a big help.

Thanks in advance C :welcome:
Parents
  • As Marty mentioned, the colours you see on stage when fading in HS can be different than the colours you see when fading CMY. This makes sense when you think about the fact that we crossfade the real world values in the cues.

If you are fading from yellow (full yellow flag in) to congo (full cyan and magenta flags in) using CMY, you will fade through a point where all 3 flags are halfway in, producing a bland gray. This colour couldn't even be mixed using HS. If you do this same fade in HS, both colours are at full saturation, so the hue value will be faded which moves you around the colour wheel through some other fully saturated colours.

It's a matter of personal preference and I've found that there some crossfades I feel CMY look better for and there are some where I prefer to use HS.

As a few people have already mentioned, only the HS colour space will allow you to take full advantage of colour calibrated fixtures. Marty offered a good workaround if you prefer to use CMY crossfades, but it may limit some of the functionality with other operations. If you are working with CMY values and you clone parameters to a different fixture type, it will copy the CMY values and you may see a slightly different colour rather than taking advantage of the colour calibration as it would if you cloned HS values.
  • As Marty mentioned, the colours you see on stage when fading in HS can be different than the colours you see when fading CMY. This makes sense when you think about the fact that we crossfade the real world values in the cues.

If you are fading from yellow (full yellow flag in) to congo (full cyan and magenta flags in) using CMY, you will fade through a point where all 3 flags are halfway in, producing a bland gray. This colour couldn't even be mixed using HS. If you do this same fade in HS, both colours are at full saturation, so the hue value will be faded which moves you around the colour wheel through some other fully saturated colours.

It's a matter of personal preference and I've found that there some crossfades I feel CMY look better for and there are some where I prefer to use HS.

As a few people have already mentioned, only the HS colour space will allow you to take full advantage of colour calibrated fixtures. Marty offered a good workaround if you prefer to use CMY crossfades, but it may limit some of the functionality with other operations. If you are working with CMY values and you clone parameters to a different fixture type, it will copy the CMY values and you may see a slightly different colour rather than taking advantage of the colour calibration as it would if you cloned HS values.
Children
No Data
Related