Hog III Novice

Hi All,
having been a Hog II user for some time i'm going to start my first run of show's on an IPC in hog III mode.
Most of you are way ahead of me so i'm looking for some help setting up a basic show.
I want the show i create to be something i can continue to use in festival situations over the summer so anything i start now will be the basis for my festival show later in the year.
Any tips or info regarding building pallettes,cuelists or patching would be of a big help.

Thanks in advance C :welcome:
Parents
  • Well, I think we're starting to get ahead of ourselves alittle bit here....:rolleyes:

Tom, we don't have to have a "real" 3-D model, just a simulated one.....3-D space in a 2-D environment. We're in essence already doing that whith DL-2.:headbang:

The color model would behave the same on the surface. Take the existing Wheel and wrap in onto a sphere. H & S changes happen on the surface...no real big change there. Hue would move like Lattitude on a globe and Saturation moves like Longitude. (If you look at the current "wheel" you would be viewing the sphere from the "white" pole, and the edges of the wheel are very close to the "black" pole past the equatorial line)

{EDIT*** Maybe the sphere will "rotate" to keep the current position of H&S at the center....so rather than have the "circle-x" icon move over the globe, you have the globe move behind the icon....or maybe this too should be an option under user prefs "Define HSI visualization" or something like that}

But when you defiine a "point to point" movement, (which would engage a CMY mechanical path) It would be like sticking a toothpick through an orange (minus the messy juice;) )...going from one to another. Where one end of the toothpick is your starting color and the other end is your finishing color. (Any Frank Herbert fans out there....folding space like in DUNE)

The trick is how do you define that movement. I agree it could be a third encoder wheel, but it shouldn't be called "Intensity". Maybe it should be called "Color Change" or "Navigation".

A wheel is a bit overkill for a fucntion that only has two possible modes. Better for it to be a slot, maybe it could be included under the current "Mode" slots or "Engage"
    {EDIT***Whooops I mean "Enable"} slots.

My understanding of the current HSI model it that fixture Intensity is already the "Intensity" of HSI...no reason to change that.

If I am wrong and have missed something critical here, and the model does need to change. Thereby negating all the currently color calibrated fixtures....What better time than now to do so, as there are so few calibrated fixtures in the library to begin with:confused:
  • Well, I think we're starting to get ahead of ourselves alittle bit here....:rolleyes:

Tom, we don't have to have a "real" 3-D model, just a simulated one.....3-D space in a 2-D environment. We're in essence already doing that whith DL-2.:headbang:

The color model would behave the same on the surface. Take the existing Wheel and wrap in onto a sphere. H & S changes happen on the surface...no real big change there. Hue would move like Lattitude on a globe and Saturation moves like Longitude. (If you look at the current "wheel" you would be viewing the sphere from the "white" pole, and the edges of the wheel are very close to the "black" pole past the equatorial line)

{EDIT*** Maybe the sphere will "rotate" to keep the current position of H&S at the center....so rather than have the "circle-x" icon move over the globe, you have the globe move behind the icon....or maybe this too should be an option under user prefs "Define HSI visualization" or something like that}

But when you defiine a "point to point" movement, (which would engage a CMY mechanical path) It would be like sticking a toothpick through an orange (minus the messy juice;) )...going from one to another. Where one end of the toothpick is your starting color and the other end is your finishing color. (Any Frank Herbert fans out there....folding space like in DUNE)

The trick is how do you define that movement. I agree it could be a third encoder wheel, but it shouldn't be called "Intensity". Maybe it should be called "Color Change" or "Navigation".

A wheel is a bit overkill for a fucntion that only has two possible modes. Better for it to be a slot, maybe it could be included under the current "Mode" slots or "Engage"
    {EDIT***Whooops I mean "Enable"} slots.

My understanding of the current HSI model it that fixture Intensity is already the "Intensity" of HSI...no reason to change that.

If I am wrong and have missed something critical here, and the model does need to change. Thereby negating all the currently color calibrated fixtures....What better time than now to do so, as there are so few calibrated fixtures in the library to begin with:confused:
Children
No Data
Related