Hog III Novice

Hi All,
having been a Hog II user for some time i'm going to start my first run of show's on an IPC in hog III mode.
Most of you are way ahead of me so i'm looking for some help setting up a basic show.
I want the show i create to be something i can continue to use in festival situations over the summer so anything i start now will be the basis for my festival show later in the year.
Any tips or info regarding building pallettes,cuelists or patching would be of a big help.

Thanks in advance C :welcome:
Parents
  • many thanks to marty for gettin all of that out of our heads and onto the page.

true, all of this may be overkill, but my honest hope is that a really big idea will allow us to settle somewhere in the middle.

a couple things i'll reinforce...

[quote=teericson]
    I would have to verify with the development team, but I assume that a change like this would mean having to redo colour calibration on all fixtures and would most likely break the backward compatibility
    naw dude, if the "outermost" surface of the o/w hemisphere equals the current color wheel exactly, everything else should be just a quick interpolation ala XYZ (RIP).

as for compatibility, um, really? if it's better then break it. i'm sure people who have enough consoles for this to even be an issue can handle avoiding mismatched versions of the editor... bump the rev major. done.

[quote=teericson]we're talking about presenting a 3D spacewell, wasn't what i was thinking, but i'm not gonna shoot it down either...

i like the color wheel. (i like green, too :rolleyes:). really the only thing that bugs me about it is that i can't make it my favorite size or maximize it quickly now that it's trapped in an mdi. but that's so not the point.

[quote=teericson]I believe it would only apply if crossfading from a HS value to a HS value
    yup. that's how the whole thing started. but it does beg the question, why doesn't CMY know what HS is doing?...

[quote=teericson]this would mean a complete change to our colour model.
    yeah. i can think of a whole bunch of things an additional dimension would enable. its purpose would of course vary based on fixture "class". a small handful of examples:

subtractive

temperature correction wheels
    "Luminosity" by C+M+Y all inadditive

RBGW. it's gotta go somewhere, and i consider it more a property of color than intensity, as (R+B+G)/3≠W...
    RBGA. re-align the axis and it's done.and where i'm *really* going with this, is it could even be re-used on other functions.

position. xyz. there. i said it.
    gobo. our "toothpick" path could be used to crossfade from >> to Index without <<'ing or that twitch when hitting the first index value.i'm happy to just get over myself at any time, but we're definately due for a cleanup on aisle 1757.
  • many thanks to marty for gettin all of that out of our heads and onto the page.

true, all of this may be overkill, but my honest hope is that a really big idea will allow us to settle somewhere in the middle.

a couple things i'll reinforce...

[quote=teericson]
    I would have to verify with the development team, but I assume that a change like this would mean having to redo colour calibration on all fixtures and would most likely break the backward compatibility
    naw dude, if the "outermost" surface of the o/w hemisphere equals the current color wheel exactly, everything else should be just a quick interpolation ala XYZ (RIP).

as for compatibility, um, really? if it's better then break it. i'm sure people who have enough consoles for this to even be an issue can handle avoiding mismatched versions of the editor... bump the rev major. done.

[quote=teericson]we're talking about presenting a 3D spacewell, wasn't what i was thinking, but i'm not gonna shoot it down either...

i like the color wheel. (i like green, too :rolleyes:). really the only thing that bugs me about it is that i can't make it my favorite size or maximize it quickly now that it's trapped in an mdi. but that's so not the point.

[quote=teericson]I believe it would only apply if crossfading from a HS value to a HS value
    yup. that's how the whole thing started. but it does beg the question, why doesn't CMY know what HS is doing?...

[quote=teericson]this would mean a complete change to our colour model.
    yeah. i can think of a whole bunch of things an additional dimension would enable. its purpose would of course vary based on fixture "class". a small handful of examples:

subtractive

temperature correction wheels
    "Luminosity" by C+M+Y all inadditive

RBGW. it's gotta go somewhere, and i consider it more a property of color than intensity, as (R+B+G)/3≠W...
    RBGA. re-align the axis and it's done.and where i'm *really* going with this, is it could even be re-used on other functions.

position. xyz. there. i said it.
    gobo. our "toothpick" path could be used to crossfade from >> to Index without <<'ing or that twitch when hitting the first index value.i'm happy to just get over myself at any time, but we're definately due for a cleanup on aisle 1757.
Children
No Data
Related