Hog III Novice

Hi All,
having been a Hog II user for some time i'm going to start my first run of show's on an IPC in hog III mode.
Most of you are way ahead of me so i'm looking for some help setting up a basic show.
I want the show i create to be something i can continue to use in festival situations over the summer so anything i start now will be the basis for my festival show later in the year.
Any tips or info regarding building pallettes,cuelists or patching would be of a big help.

Thanks in advance C :welcome:
Parents
  • I hate to do this to you Tom,....but:rolleyes:

Page 15 of the printed Hog-3 manual v1.3.8-EN detailing how the HSI color model works:

- it states that the Intensity in HSI "...is identical to the dimmer control on most fixtures."
    :notworthy:

Having said that..

I think we're talking about two totally different changes. While a true 3-D space might be useful...:33:

I think all we really need to do is make the "wheel" a "sphere" or maybe even just a "half sphere" with only a "white pole". As I mentioned before Hue moves like lines of lattitude, and saturation moves like lines of longitude. If a "half sphere" this changes nothing as far as color calibration only user interaction.:)

As far as being able to "see" the other colors, maybe there needs to be a split screen view of the new sphere as an option. I.E. view as normal, or do say a double view in the same window, one from the black pole, and the other like we are already used to seeing it...from the white pole. This would not be necessary with a "half-sphere" though as our current view of the wheel would be unchanged.

All we need to add then is a "mode" that allows for one of two options:
    1 - "Normal" - Hue and Saturation move along the surface as already discissed
    2 - "Toothpick" - This crossfades HSI color changes via a mechanical CMY path and goes directly from one HSI color point to another.
    These should be "slot-bar" options somewhere...I suggested "Mode" or "Enable" earlier.

Regardless of any of this, I do like Akito's notion of mapping Hue and Saturation to the Trackball as we already have Intensity on the I-Wheel. Should be as simple as a trackball button option. As for knowing that the Trackball is now in "Color Mode" maybe the blue LED could fade in and out as an indication. A color sensitivity setting under control panel would be nice similar to the ones for P/T and pointer modes. This could be very useful even under the current model.
    Nice one Akito! :beerchug:
  • I hate to do this to you Tom,....but:rolleyes:

Page 15 of the printed Hog-3 manual v1.3.8-EN detailing how the HSI color model works:

- it states that the Intensity in HSI "...is identical to the dimmer control on most fixtures."
    :notworthy:

Having said that..

I think we're talking about two totally different changes. While a true 3-D space might be useful...:33:

I think all we really need to do is make the "wheel" a "sphere" or maybe even just a "half sphere" with only a "white pole". As I mentioned before Hue moves like lines of lattitude, and saturation moves like lines of longitude. If a "half sphere" this changes nothing as far as color calibration only user interaction.:)

As far as being able to "see" the other colors, maybe there needs to be a split screen view of the new sphere as an option. I.E. view as normal, or do say a double view in the same window, one from the black pole, and the other like we are already used to seeing it...from the white pole. This would not be necessary with a "half-sphere" though as our current view of the wheel would be unchanged.

All we need to add then is a "mode" that allows for one of two options:
    1 - "Normal" - Hue and Saturation move along the surface as already discissed
    2 - "Toothpick" - This crossfades HSI color changes via a mechanical CMY path and goes directly from one HSI color point to another.
    These should be "slot-bar" options somewhere...I suggested "Mode" or "Enable" earlier.

Regardless of any of this, I do like Akito's notion of mapping Hue and Saturation to the Trackball as we already have Intensity on the I-Wheel. Should be as simple as a trackball button option. As for knowing that the Trackball is now in "Color Mode" maybe the blue LED could fade in and out as an indication. A color sensitivity setting under control panel would be nice similar to the ones for P/T and pointer modes. This could be very useful even under the current model.
    Nice one Akito! :beerchug:
Children
No Data
Related