Hog III Novice

Hi All,
having been a Hog II user for some time i'm going to start my first run of show's on an IPC in hog III mode.
Most of you are way ahead of me so i'm looking for some help setting up a basic show.
I want the show i create to be something i can continue to use in festival situations over the summer so anything i start now will be the basis for my festival show later in the year.
Any tips or info regarding building pallettes,cuelists or patching would be of a big help.

Thanks in advance C :welcome:
Parents
  • Marty,

I understand that Intensity is part of the HSI colour model. My point is that there is never a time currently when tapping on the colour wheel will change the Intensity value of your fixtures in the Programmer. Our colour model is completely unaware of Intensity and the colour space that we use isn't designed to handle this. This means that we need to design a way to handle variable colour parameters other than the primary additive and subtractive mixing colours (RGB / CMY), like Intensity, White, Amber, CTO, and CTB. Our colour model, the visual representation of it, how we crossfade through it, and how we colour calibrate for it would all need to change.

The "mode" you refer to is actually a way to tell the console which colour space is being used for calculating the crossfade. The two options with our current model would be a fade that uses raw dmx values (cmy) or a fade that uses abstracted real-world values (hs).

I think that the trackball / i-wheel for moving through the colour space is a good one. If a sphere ends up being the best solution this seems to be a nice way to navigate through it.

Thanks.
  • Marty,

I understand that Intensity is part of the HSI colour model. My point is that there is never a time currently when tapping on the colour wheel will change the Intensity value of your fixtures in the Programmer. Our colour model is completely unaware of Intensity and the colour space that we use isn't designed to handle this. This means that we need to design a way to handle variable colour parameters other than the primary additive and subtractive mixing colours (RGB / CMY), like Intensity, White, Amber, CTO, and CTB. Our colour model, the visual representation of it, how we crossfade through it, and how we colour calibrate for it would all need to change.

The "mode" you refer to is actually a way to tell the console which colour space is being used for calculating the crossfade. The two options with our current model would be a fade that uses raw dmx values (cmy) or a fade that uses abstracted real-world values (hs).

I think that the trackball / i-wheel for moving through the colour space is a good one. If a sphere ends up being the best solution this seems to be a nice way to navigate through it.

Thanks.
Children
No Data
Related