Hog III Novice

Hi All,
having been a Hog II user for some time i'm going to start my first run of show's on an IPC in hog III mode.
Most of you are way ahead of me so i'm looking for some help setting up a basic show.
I want the show i create to be something i can continue to use in festival situations over the summer so anything i start now will be the basis for my festival show later in the year.
Any tips or info regarding building pallettes,cuelists or patching would be of a big help.

Thanks in advance C :welcome:
Parents
  • Tom,

Agreed, if we go to a truly 3-D spherical environment, we would need a third wheel to navigate that space as to our "depth" if you will.

I really don't think we need to go there though. The more I think about a half-sphere model....the better it feels. Simply map our current wheel onto a half-sphere....no need to define "depth" because we are only travelling on the surface, until we take a "toothpick" path/mode.

[quote=teerickson]
    The "mode" you refer to is actually a way to tell the console which colour space the fade is being used for calculating the crossfade. The two options with our current model would be a fade that uses raw dmx values (cmy) or a fade that uses abstracted real-world values (hs).

:arms: Yup!!! That's what I was originally talking about days ago. This is much needed to make HSI as it stands now really powerful!

On the issue of CTO & CTB, I rather like the way that they are handled now as Color Temperature adjustments....rather than actual color adjustments.

Yes color temperature affects the final color, but I don't think that they should be included in any model based on HSI because they effectively are changing the base white point.

As for iWhite and iAmber on LEDS....that's a bit tricker.:33:
    - I kinda feel like iWhite should be CTB...since that's really more what it is. (White LEDS are really just blue ones that are being pushed)
    - iAmber is the slippery one (I use the Pixel-line products quite often). I'm sure there's gotta be a way to mesh this into HSI somewhere between green and red. Defining those "seams" and transitions is really the hardest part. It is surely too saturated to be treated like CTO.

{EDIT*** Defining the transitional seams between Green-Amber-Red shouldn't be any harder than defining the ones already between CMY & RGB no?!?!}

[quote=teerickson]
    I think that the trackball / i-wheel for moving through the colour space is a good one. If a sphere ends up being the best solution this seems to be a nice way to navigate through it.

Even if we don't have a sphere, I think this could be useful to us right now!:)

Thanks for sticking with us on this Tom, we've got a lot of ideas bouncing around on this thread!:beerchug:
  • Tom,

Agreed, if we go to a truly 3-D spherical environment, we would need a third wheel to navigate that space as to our "depth" if you will.

I really don't think we need to go there though. The more I think about a half-sphere model....the better it feels. Simply map our current wheel onto a half-sphere....no need to define "depth" because we are only travelling on the surface, until we take a "toothpick" path/mode.

[quote=teerickson]
    The "mode" you refer to is actually a way to tell the console which colour space the fade is being used for calculating the crossfade. The two options with our current model would be a fade that uses raw dmx values (cmy) or a fade that uses abstracted real-world values (hs).

:arms: Yup!!! That's what I was originally talking about days ago. This is much needed to make HSI as it stands now really powerful!

On the issue of CTO & CTB, I rather like the way that they are handled now as Color Temperature adjustments....rather than actual color adjustments.

Yes color temperature affects the final color, but I don't think that they should be included in any model based on HSI because they effectively are changing the base white point.

As for iWhite and iAmber on LEDS....that's a bit tricker.:33:
    - I kinda feel like iWhite should be CTB...since that's really more what it is. (White LEDS are really just blue ones that are being pushed)
    - iAmber is the slippery one (I use the Pixel-line products quite often). I'm sure there's gotta be a way to mesh this into HSI somewhere between green and red. Defining those "seams" and transitions is really the hardest part. It is surely too saturated to be treated like CTO.

{EDIT*** Defining the transitional seams between Green-Amber-Red shouldn't be any harder than defining the ones already between CMY & RGB no?!?!}

[quote=teerickson]
    I think that the trackball / i-wheel for moving through the colour space is a good one. If a sphere ends up being the best solution this seems to be a nice way to navigate through it.

Even if we don't have a sphere, I think this could be useful to us right now!:)

Thanks for sticking with us on this Tom, we've got a lot of ideas bouncing around on this thread!:beerchug:
Children
No Data
Related