Hog III Novice

Hi All,
having been a Hog II user for some time i'm going to start my first run of show's on an IPC in hog III mode.
Most of you are way ahead of me so i'm looking for some help setting up a basic show.
I want the show i create to be something i can continue to use in festival situations over the summer so anything i start now will be the basis for my festival show later in the year.
Any tips or info regarding building pallettes,cuelists or patching would be of a big help.

Thanks in advance C :welcome:
Parents
  • 3D Space

it's gotta go on the encoder wheels. as the extra dimension's purpose could vary (W,A,CTO,XYZ...), the color wheel shouldn't try to expose anything more than common functionality.

at least for now.

Colour Calibration and Compatibility

i'm gonna leave alllll of that for your homies to decide, we're just going back and forth and the answer's utimately gonna come from them anyway...

Everything Else

true, they've always been parented, but definately not trapped...

somewhere between 803 and 1112, we went a little overboard with Qt.

now everything but the toolbars are trapped inside the "Primary Screen"s.
    and nothing's got a titlebar, just a QWidget docked at the top to fake it...

so there's no maximize/restore without reaching all the way over to the other screen, no minimize (which was totally useful for restoring rather than re-opening in a different position), no dragging to move, and user-resize is disabled. probably all to get move/size/focus etc working (cuz the "primaries" still behave, *and* have 31 vertical pixels of non-client area???)

i'm gonna have to find some time to re-load and take screenshots of how great it was before going back to the stupid, stupid WHII-style "layout". (especially on a lonely laptop...)
  • 3D Space

it's gotta go on the encoder wheels. as the extra dimension's purpose could vary (W,A,CTO,XYZ...), the color wheel shouldn't try to expose anything more than common functionality.

at least for now.

Colour Calibration and Compatibility

i'm gonna leave alllll of that for your homies to decide, we're just going back and forth and the answer's utimately gonna come from them anyway...

Everything Else

true, they've always been parented, but definately not trapped...

somewhere between 803 and 1112, we went a little overboard with Qt.

now everything but the toolbars are trapped inside the "Primary Screen"s.
    and nothing's got a titlebar, just a QWidget docked at the top to fake it...

so there's no maximize/restore without reaching all the way over to the other screen, no minimize (which was totally useful for restoring rather than re-opening in a different position), no dragging to move, and user-resize is disabled. probably all to get move/size/focus etc working (cuz the "primaries" still behave, *and* have 31 vertical pixels of non-client area???)

i'm gonna have to find some time to re-load and take screenshots of how great it was before going back to the stupid, stupid WHII-style "layout". (especially on a lonely laptop...)
Children
No Data
Related