Faster! Faster!

To the powers that be...
I'd like to put in a request for a faster video card on the HogIII. The views are limited in functionality for me because I have to decide if it's worth the lag in time to wait for all the screens to change after selecting a new view or figure something else out (scroll down, close a window, etc.)
Thanks,
Dave
Parents
  • Robin,

It seems that you're not understanding me, but I don't know how I can explain myself any better.

So, I'm going to paraphrase exactly what I've already said, yet again.

a) New hardware isn't going to improve software stability.

b) New hardware is going to take valuable development resources off of existing projects that will provide valuable benefits to the majority of our user base.

c) New hardware is going to be more expensive than you think, because we wouldn't be able to use an off-the-shelf motherboard if we want to be able to retrofit existing consoles. I'm not sure how much our current replacement motherboards cost. It might interest you to check with your local dealer and find out what the current boards cost and use that for perspective.

We all understand that you want a new motherboard. I've tried to explain why we feel that isn't the best use of our resources. As I mentioned before, our primary concern is getting the biggest functional, performance, and stability improvements as efficiently as possible for as much of our user base as possible. You'll have to believe me that we've put lots of time and effort into determining the best way to do this, because there isn't much else that can be said or re-said at this point.

I hope you understand.
  • Robin,

It seems that you're not understanding me, but I don't know how I can explain myself any better.

So, I'm going to paraphrase exactly what I've already said, yet again.

a) New hardware isn't going to improve software stability.

b) New hardware is going to take valuable development resources off of existing projects that will provide valuable benefits to the majority of our user base.

c) New hardware is going to be more expensive than you think, because we wouldn't be able to use an off-the-shelf motherboard if we want to be able to retrofit existing consoles. I'm not sure how much our current replacement motherboards cost. It might interest you to check with your local dealer and find out what the current boards cost and use that for perspective.

We all understand that you want a new motherboard. I've tried to explain why we feel that isn't the best use of our resources. As I mentioned before, our primary concern is getting the biggest functional, performance, and stability improvements as efficiently as possible for as much of our user base as possible. You'll have to believe me that we've put lots of time and effort into determining the best way to do this, because there isn't much else that can be said or re-said at this point.

I hope you understand.
Children
No Data
Related