Faster! Faster!

To the powers that be...
I'd like to put in a request for a faster video card on the HogIII. The views are limited in functionality for me because I have to decide if it's worth the lag in time to wait for all the screens to change after selecting a new view or figure something else out (scroll down, close a window, etc.)
Thanks,
Dave
Parents
  • Hi Tom,

I have some feed back for you regarding the updated Hog software that included performance enhancements. To review, we were talking about monitor resolution, color depth, and how available memory limitiations were affected by the current available technology at the time of motherboard design. I was reminded of this thread when I went to update my Hog from v.2.0 to 2.2. When I originally attempted the update I was unable to move from v2.0 to 2.2 because the Hog would not accept the new software. Long story short I had to go back to the original software that shipped with the console (v1.4 I think). With help from tech support, I eventually got v2.2 running.

Having delt with that, I was able to compare the performance speed more easily due to the short time between using both v1.4 and v2.2. Overall, it seems as though v2.2 runs at roughly the same speed as v1.4 with 2 noticable differences. First, and I noticed this on v2.0, there seems to be what I will call a 'floating flicker' on both internal and external monitors. Sorta kinda what CRT monitors look like in older movies where you could see the CRTs refreshing themselves. Not all monitors at the same time or not a whole monitor at once though. It seems to be a occuring at a random spot on a random monitor. It's annoying, but I have almost stopped noticing.

The second thing I have noticed is that is takes what seems to be forever to get to the Record Option window if I am writing over a Group, Scene or Cue. That's been somewhat more difficult to work with.

The other thing I'd like to add about v2.2 it that it seems to be good deal more stable. My Hog crashes less now. That's good times.

I hope this is useful.

Thanks,
    Kerry
  • Hi Tom,

I have some feed back for you regarding the updated Hog software that included performance enhancements. To review, we were talking about monitor resolution, color depth, and how available memory limitiations were affected by the current available technology at the time of motherboard design. I was reminded of this thread when I went to update my Hog from v.2.0 to 2.2. When I originally attempted the update I was unable to move from v2.0 to 2.2 because the Hog would not accept the new software. Long story short I had to go back to the original software that shipped with the console (v1.4 I think). With help from tech support, I eventually got v2.2 running.

Having delt with that, I was able to compare the performance speed more easily due to the short time between using both v1.4 and v2.2. Overall, it seems as though v2.2 runs at roughly the same speed as v1.4 with 2 noticable differences. First, and I noticed this on v2.0, there seems to be what I will call a 'floating flicker' on both internal and external monitors. Sorta kinda what CRT monitors look like in older movies where you could see the CRTs refreshing themselves. Not all monitors at the same time or not a whole monitor at once though. It seems to be a occuring at a random spot on a random monitor. It's annoying, but I have almost stopped noticing.

The second thing I have noticed is that is takes what seems to be forever to get to the Record Option window if I am writing over a Group, Scene or Cue. That's been somewhat more difficult to work with.

The other thing I'd like to add about v2.2 it that it seems to be good deal more stable. My Hog crashes less now. That's good times.

I hope this is useful.

Thanks,
    Kerry
Children
No Data
Related