Faster! Faster!

To the powers that be...
I'd like to put in a request for a faster video card on the HogIII. The views are limited in functionality for me because I have to decide if it's worth the lag in time to wait for all the screens to change after selecting a new view or figure something else out (scroll down, close a window, etc.)
Thanks,
Dave
Parents
  • Kerry,

Thanks for the update. I'm definitely glad to hear that you're feeling like the console is more stable.

The v2.1 release had the most impact on console performance, as it included some *significant* changes to how we draw data on the screens. In most cases, and most specifically the output window, performance was significantly improved. There were a couple of areas, specifically the effects engine spreadsheet and the colour picker, that suffered a slight performance decrease, but we've improved these areas in releases since v2.1.

I'd like to know how you're gauging the console performance. There are two areas where I'd expect you to see improvements:

1) Refresh rates in the output window are consistently higher than they were previously. This is particularly noticable when running crossfades or effects.

2) When lots of windows are open that require constant redrawing based on feedback (output, cuelist, etc.), and there is lots of data, the responsiveness of the front panel and command line should be improved. In addition to making drawing to the screen more efficient, we've also basically limited it to a percentage of total CPU time so that there is always processing power available to handle user input.

Thanks.
  • Kerry,

Thanks for the update. I'm definitely glad to hear that you're feeling like the console is more stable.

The v2.1 release had the most impact on console performance, as it included some *significant* changes to how we draw data on the screens. In most cases, and most specifically the output window, performance was significantly improved. There were a couple of areas, specifically the effects engine spreadsheet and the colour picker, that suffered a slight performance decrease, but we've improved these areas in releases since v2.1.

I'd like to know how you're gauging the console performance. There are two areas where I'd expect you to see improvements:

1) Refresh rates in the output window are consistently higher than they were previously. This is particularly noticable when running crossfades or effects.

2) When lots of windows are open that require constant redrawing based on feedback (output, cuelist, etc.), and there is lots of data, the responsiveness of the front panel and command line should be improved. In addition to making drawing to the screen more efficient, we've also basically limited it to a percentage of total CPU time so that there is always processing power available to handle user input.

Thanks.
Children
No Data
Related