Faster! Faster!

To the powers that be...
I'd like to put in a request for a faster video card on the HogIII. The views are limited in functionality for me because I have to decide if it's worth the lag in time to wait for all the screens to change after selecting a new view or figure something else out (scroll down, close a window, etc.)
Thanks,
Dave
Parents
  • Tom,

Thanks for getting back. As far as how I am gauging performance here's what I can tell you...

I have 1 external 19" LCD monitor that runs natively at 1280x1024.

When patching (I forgot about this during my last post), I'm generally only looking at the patch window. I think I see the worst lag when patching. I usually have to wait for the console to catch up after pressing the '@' key and then have to wait again after pressing 'enter'. It gets really bad when patching 3 digit DMX addresses into 3 digit channel numbers.

When I'm programming, I am looking at the cuelist, output, programmer and group windows. That's certainly a heavy load as far as displays go but the funny thing is that if I add patching to this, there does not appear to be a disceranble increase (or decrease) in lag time.

In all instances I cannot tell if the console is slow to display changes or slow to execute the commands. I'll have to play around a but to find out if its one or the other.

Kerry
  • Tom,

Thanks for getting back. As far as how I am gauging performance here's what I can tell you...

I have 1 external 19" LCD monitor that runs natively at 1280x1024.

When patching (I forgot about this during my last post), I'm generally only looking at the patch window. I think I see the worst lag when patching. I usually have to wait for the console to catch up after pressing the '@' key and then have to wait again after pressing 'enter'. It gets really bad when patching 3 digit DMX addresses into 3 digit channel numbers.

When I'm programming, I am looking at the cuelist, output, programmer and group windows. That's certainly a heavy load as far as displays go but the funny thing is that if I add patching to this, there does not appear to be a disceranble increase (or decrease) in lag time.

In all instances I cannot tell if the console is slow to display changes or slow to execute the commands. I'll have to play around a but to find out if its one or the other.

Kerry
Children
No Data
Related