True Abstraction

One of the other post regarding real-world zoom values brought up something else I've encountered.

Will it be possible to have paramters like wheel rotation speeds and Strobe Hz consistent across fixture types?:confused:

i.e. Set the gobo rotation of a Technobeam to say 75-RPM, and then set the gobo rotation of a Studio Spot 575 also to 75-RPM. The actual speeds on stage are different! (Both fixtures have the same throw)

I realize that this may mean calibrating every paramter for every fixture in the library!! :eek: :aargh4: (No small task to be sure! And I know we don't even have color calibration for everything yet!)

Additionally fixtures should only be allowed values that they can actually produce. So if the maximum RPM is only 200, the fixture should not be allowed to go up to 300.

The advantage would be a true abstraction between fixture types. :ninja: So when you change your fixture type, the actual looks will all be the same. No need to adjust every Palette.:arms: Although I'm sure we'll still need to check 'em!
Parents Reply Children
No Data
Related