This is,or should be a RAID

How about it? As myself and others who have had to replace our hard drives after they have failed can attest, there's plenty of room inside the console for a RAID, the second drive could probably fit right on top of the drive I had to replace. (Warning-expiration date of the drives is about 2.5 years, as in check your console's birthday and perform a preemptive hard drive replacement or you'll be sorry...) A little hard drive redundancy would keep others from hearing this: "Hey man, hard drives fail, what can I tell ya?" I know that the hard drive is working very hard all the time, all the more reason to have a second drive.
Just a thought,
Dave
Parents
  • As a software developer knowing linux very well (but without knowing anything about the details in the hog3-implementation), I can tell you that it should be possible to boot from CD/ZIP, but you'll probably get problems with the disk space and access times will be way too slow.
    Booting from USB is rather simple, as soon as the hog3 is running on kernel 2.6. (and they are working on that), FPS would only have to add the boot-from-usb option to the bios and put the usb-module in the kernel (or the initrd) so it can boot its root-filesystem from the usb-drive.
    Jan
  • As a software developer knowing linux very well (but without knowing anything about the details in the hog3-implementation), I can tell you that it should be possible to boot from CD/ZIP, but you'll probably get problems with the disk space and access times will be way too slow.
    Booting from USB is rather simple, as soon as the hog3 is running on kernel 2.6. (and they are working on that), FPS would only have to add the boot-from-usb option to the bios and put the usb-module in the kernel (or the initrd) so it can boot its root-filesystem from the usb-drive.
    Jan
Children
No Data
Related