How about an "AP"

So we've got DPs...any thought of an ArtNet Processor?

Similar to a DP it could connect to the Hog-3 Network via switch and send multiple lines of ArtNet out...no need for all manner of 3rd party hardware converting DMX from the DP to ArtNet.
Parents
  • If I understand the Path-Way specs properly:confused:

You need dedicated hardware at either end to put signal in and spit DMX out at the other end. You also need a separate manager to route the signals.

While you can do some of the same things with ArtNet, you can also use it directly to control things like Catalyst and large LED systems without having to convert to DMX at the other end.

The ArtNet signals plug directly in via Ethernet w/ no conversion to DMX.

So having a box that outputs ArtNet directly into your media servers via Ethernet cable will be very useful indeed!

I don't think the same can be done w/ Path Port:33:

Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong on this though, b/c I have only had limited exposure to Path Port, and I've done much more with ArtNet.
  • If I understand the Path-Way specs properly:confused:

You need dedicated hardware at either end to put signal in and spit DMX out at the other end. You also need a separate manager to route the signals.

While you can do some of the same things with ArtNet, you can also use it directly to control things like Catalyst and large LED systems without having to convert to DMX at the other end.

The ArtNet signals plug directly in via Ethernet w/ no conversion to DMX.

So having a box that outputs ArtNet directly into your media servers via Ethernet cable will be very useful indeed!

I don't think the same can be done w/ Path Port:33:

Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong on this though, b/c I have only had limited exposure to Path Port, and I've done much more with ArtNet.
Children
No Data
Related