How about an "AP"

So we've got DPs...any thought of an ArtNet Processor?

Similar to a DP it could connect to the Hog-3 Network via switch and send multiple lines of ArtNet out...no need for all manner of 3rd party hardware converting DMX from the DP to ArtNet.
Parents
  • An important item to remember is that artnet and pathport (as well as most other similar protocols) just transport DMX values, they do not create them. The Wholehog 3 system requires a DP to process and create the DMX output, so you will not see direct output of Artnet, Pathport, etc from the Ethernet port on the back of the Wholehog 3 console. However do not let that discourage you as the scalable design principles of the Wholehog 3 platform allow us to provide great flexibility in terms of options and features.

I know this is all vague right now, but trust me that it will all become clearer later this year.

thanks,
  • An important item to remember is that artnet and pathport (as well as most other similar protocols) just transport DMX values, they do not create them. The Wholehog 3 system requires a DP to process and create the DMX output, so you will not see direct output of Artnet, Pathport, etc from the Ethernet port on the back of the Wholehog 3 console. However do not let that discourage you as the scalable design principles of the Wholehog 3 platform allow us to provide great flexibility in terms of options and features.

I know this is all vague right now, but trust me that it will all become clearer later this year.

thanks,
Children
No Data
Related