How about an "AP"

So we've got DPs...any thought of an ArtNet Processor?

Similar to a DP it could connect to the Hog-3 Network via switch and send multiple lines of ArtNet out...no need for all manner of 3rd party hardware converting DMX from the DP to ArtNet.
Parents
  • Brad is of course completely correct!!:)

And this is why I'm looking forward to a 19" rackmountable box that sends out ArtNet lines!! (Probably will look similar like a DP, but with Cat5 connectors on the front.:love: :love: :love: am I right??)

My point about Catalyst, as well as some other media servers, is that they can accept ArtNet directly through their network card, the signal is DMX, but the hardware doesn't need to be converted. No nee to go through the CIB in the case of Catalyst.:headbang:
  • Brad is of course completely correct!!:)

And this is why I'm looking forward to a 19" rackmountable box that sends out ArtNet lines!! (Probably will look similar like a DP, but with Cat5 connectors on the front.:love: :love: :love: am I right??)

My point about Catalyst, as well as some other media servers, is that they can accept ArtNet directly through their network card, the signal is DMX, but the hardware doesn't need to be converted. No nee to go through the CIB in the case of Catalyst.:headbang:
Children
No Data
Related