How about an "AP"

So we've got DPs...any thought of an ArtNet Processor?

Similar to a DP it could connect to the Hog-3 Network via switch and send multiple lines of ArtNet out...no need for all manner of 3rd party hardware converting DMX from the DP to ArtNet.
Parents
  • [quote=ryanwilkinson]Switch craft makes connectors that are 90 degree that you can swivel the angle of the cable. The only thing is they are a pain to solder and cost 20 bucks a piece. At least they lay flat though and are pretty solid.

The only problem with 90 deg. connectors is that when you put more than one DP in a rack next to one another, then you "block" the ports on the adjoining DP.

I've gotten used to the ports being on the front. I actually find it easier to plug lines in the front than having to reach into the back of a dark rack with a flashlight in my teeth hoping I don't disconnect anything else in the process.

What I would really like to see is an Ethercon port instead of a standard RJ connector on the DPs.
  • [quote=ryanwilkinson]Switch craft makes connectors that are 90 degree that you can swivel the angle of the cable. The only thing is they are a pain to solder and cost 20 bucks a piece. At least they lay flat though and are pretty solid.

The only problem with 90 deg. connectors is that when you put more than one DP in a rack next to one another, then you "block" the ports on the adjoining DP.

I've gotten used to the ports being on the front. I actually find it easier to plug lines in the front than having to reach into the back of a dark rack with a flashlight in my teeth hoping I don't disconnect anything else in the process.

What I would really like to see is an Ethercon port instead of a standard RJ connector on the DPs.
Children
No Data
Related