How about an "AP"

So we've got DPs...any thought of an ArtNet Processor?

Similar to a DP it could connect to the Hog-3 Network via switch and send multiple lines of ArtNet out...no need for all manner of 3rd party hardware converting DMX from the DP to ArtNet.
Parents
  • Ah you see Tom in my world it’s a different story. Every 1-2 days a different show with a different setup - varying numbers of DP's in varying locations being plugged and unplugged frequently.

Added to which my own personal annoyance is that for something which connects (albeit on occasion) directly to the console it has a different connector on it and therefore requires an adapter as most of my cables are rugged ethercon ones.

Finally for the sake of a few extra dollars on a $5,000 + product my choice is to go with the most hardwearing components available.

Regards,

Ross
  • Ah you see Tom in my world it’s a different story. Every 1-2 days a different show with a different setup - varying numbers of DP's in varying locations being plugged and unplugged frequently.

Added to which my own personal annoyance is that for something which connects (albeit on occasion) directly to the console it has a different connector on it and therefore requires an adapter as most of my cables are rugged ethercon ones.

Finally for the sake of a few extra dollars on a $5,000 + product my choice is to go with the most hardwearing components available.

Regards,

Ross
Children
No Data
Related