Add Matrix Editor

hello,

in a world of steadily increasing lighting set ups, especially in the led section, there is a strong need to matrix control. today a fixture often is nothing more but a pixel!

is there any development going on?

regards

henning
Parents
  • I'm not diagreeing that a GUI matrix for LEDs would make life easier.;)

I have found Grouping and Buddying to be very powerful in this area however. The number of Repeats and Buddies really gives much more flexibility than most people realize. The structure of your groups...not only the fixtures in them, but the selection order within the group is also key here.

It takes a little getting used to, and you have to plan it all out a bit as well, but it's not all that hard once you get going with it. I've found it very easy to make chases etc, that mimick the FX in Color Play and the on-board macros of the Pixel-Line gear with this.
    I too have my own Hog-3, :beerchug: but when I know I'm going to to need to do anything other than color washes or abstract flash-n-trash FX, color sweeps, etc. my personal preference is to get a media server.

I realize this is may not be viable for everyone in all situations, but I highly reccommed it if you can swing it! Especially the as I mentioned earlier the Catalyst v4 w/ the integrated pixelMAD......if you've never seen pixelMAD before, it is exactly what you are describing here;)

So having said all that, maybe there is an easy way to create a GUI of a similar nature to pixelMAD based off of the already included Grouping and Buddying functions?

Any thoughts O Wise Gurus?:notworthy:
  • I'm not diagreeing that a GUI matrix for LEDs would make life easier.;)

I have found Grouping and Buddying to be very powerful in this area however. The number of Repeats and Buddies really gives much more flexibility than most people realize. The structure of your groups...not only the fixtures in them, but the selection order within the group is also key here.

It takes a little getting used to, and you have to plan it all out a bit as well, but it's not all that hard once you get going with it. I've found it very easy to make chases etc, that mimick the FX in Color Play and the on-board macros of the Pixel-Line gear with this.
    I too have my own Hog-3, :beerchug: but when I know I'm going to to need to do anything other than color washes or abstract flash-n-trash FX, color sweeps, etc. my personal preference is to get a media server.

I realize this is may not be viable for everyone in all situations, but I highly reccommed it if you can swing it! Especially the as I mentioned earlier the Catalyst v4 w/ the integrated pixelMAD......if you've never seen pixelMAD before, it is exactly what you are describing here;)

So having said all that, maybe there is an easy way to create a GUI of a similar nature to pixelMAD based off of the already included Grouping and Buddying functions?

Any thoughts O Wise Gurus?:notworthy:
Children
No Data
Related