Add Matrix Editor

hello,

in a world of steadily increasing lighting set ups, especially in the led section, there is a strong need to matrix control. today a fixture often is nothing more but a pixel!

is there any development going on?

regards

henning
Parents
  • I agree that you should use a special media-server for a big LED-matrix and things like that.
    But I'd like to have a simple matrix-function just for some basic effects.
    I think of having a rig with 4 or 5 parallel trusses and washers every 5 feet.
    I be happy if I could just to be able to have color-chases running from front to back, left to right, center to side, diagonally, without having to build tons of groups an setting offsets for the groups and so on.
    My Idea would be:
    - I give all lamps x/y/z-positions in the patch somewhere
    - Then select all washer in the rig and say "take this as a matrix in the x/y-area" ->save as matrix 1.
    - Now put effects on the matrix, chases, colorchanges, whatever and be able to control direction, speed and so on.
    For anything like video or text I'd use a seperate media server or maybe ecue...
    The advantage of this approach would be, that you can put your effect on a new matrix with a different size and a different type of lamp and you would never have to care about exact positions of the lamp if your Matrix doesn't fit in a grid. The desk could calculate the positions in the matrix itself based on you x/y/z-positions.
  • I agree that you should use a special media-server for a big LED-matrix and things like that.
    But I'd like to have a simple matrix-function just for some basic effects.
    I think of having a rig with 4 or 5 parallel trusses and washers every 5 feet.
    I be happy if I could just to be able to have color-chases running from front to back, left to right, center to side, diagonally, without having to build tons of groups an setting offsets for the groups and so on.
    My Idea would be:
    - I give all lamps x/y/z-positions in the patch somewhere
    - Then select all washer in the rig and say "take this as a matrix in the x/y-area" ->save as matrix 1.
    - Now put effects on the matrix, chases, colorchanges, whatever and be able to control direction, speed and so on.
    For anything like video or text I'd use a seperate media server or maybe ecue...
    The advantage of this approach would be, that you can put your effect on a new matrix with a different size and a different type of lamp and you would never have to care about exact positions of the lamp if your Matrix doesn't fit in a grid. The desk could calculate the positions in the matrix itself based on you x/y/z-positions.
Children
No Data
Related